Hello! It is me, a Sam.

Sam Artisan

Held captive by angry blue elves.
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and well met!

I am Sam. I hit a sort of wall with the 'what do I do next with my book' process so here I am, looking for help and advice. I'm an amateur writer of young adult fantasy, and also an avid reader of fantasy in general, anything from Tamora Pierce to Robin Hobb to Brandon Sanderson. (And Margaret Weiss and Jk Rowling and and and...)

I've only been trying to write a real book for a few years (mostly because the main character won't stop screaming in my ear about his life), but I've participated in adventure-style role play writing for a lot longer than that. Not quite the same, I know, but my finger-muscles are strong for it.

I'd love to beta-read if a story really caught my interest.

And last but not least, I'm also an artist!

Thanks for your time!

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sam, I am . . . happy to meet you.

Don't dismay. The path to a published book has wall after wall after wall, but there's always a way over, under, around, or through.

:welcome:!

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Sam, welcome to AW. :welcome:

The zombies made me

Registered
Reaction score
I think my laptop just tried to slap me when I almost made a Dr Seuss reference!

Anyway, hello and welcome! You've come to the right place and I hope you'll find what you seek easily.

I really like your artwork! You seem to feature a lot of elvish features but I'll bet you could draw a mean zombie, too. Therefore, you are awesome! I hope you're having a great day!

The Germ

Registered
Reaction score
Yay, a Robin Hobb fan! Really like your art, too. Nice to meet you. :)

Sam Artisan

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! Good to be here :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Sam, welcome! I'm new too.

I say writing is writing ... whether it's "publishable" or not, it's practice. Nice to meet you!

I quite agree! As long as it gets the creative muscles working, haha XD Nice to meet you too!

- - - Updated - - -

:welcome: Sam.

My characters always do what they want, too. :snoopy:

It'ts just the best feeling! Makes them seem real!!

Sam Artisan

Registered
Reaction score
Sam, I am . . . happy to meet you.

Don't dismay. The path to a published book has wall after wall after wall, but there's always a way over, under, around, or through.

:welcome:!

Chase I am... intrigued by your punctuation, but happy to meet you as well!

I will steer clear of dismay and do my best to maneuver past this wall XD a sledgehammer might come in handy...

Sam Artisan

Registered
Reaction score
I think my laptop just tried to slap me when I almost made a Dr Seuss reference!

Anyway, hello and welcome! You've come to the right place and I hope you'll find what you seek easily.

I really like your artwork! You seem to feature a lot of elvish features but I'll bet you could draw a mean zombie, too. Therefore, you are awesome! I hope you're having a great day!

Was it a reference about green eggs and ham? ;)

Thanks for the welcome! I do indeed have mostly elves on that link as that's the blog for my book but once in a while I draw things like dragons and ninjas as well. Not as much zombies in particular, but sometimes mutilated corpses, does that count?

Thank you again, hope your day is great!

Sam Artisan

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Sam,
Good to have you here on AW! Role playing games are perfect practice for writing, especially fantasy. Good luck with the novel :) Such lovely art, I wish I could draw.

Thanks Cameron!! I agree, roleplay is super helpful in a lot of ways...

Drawing is a lot of fun, and it's never too late to start :-D

- - - Updated - - -

Yay, a Robin Hobb fan! Really like your art, too. Nice to meet you. :)

I met her a few months ago!! It was super cool XD Thanks, and well met!

The zombies made me

Registered
Reaction score
Was it a reference about green eggs and ham? ;)

Thanks for the welcome! I do indeed have mostly elves on that link as that's the blog for my book but once in a while I draw things like dragons and ninjas as well. Not as much zombies in particular, but sometimes mutilated corpses, does that count?

Thank you again, hope your day is great!

lol I think dragons and ninjas could take zombies on easily!

Ed8350

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Sam! Nice to meet you. I've just joined too and I'm a big Young Adult fiction fan. My love for that genre is mostly cemented in the late 80's/early 90's - R.L. Stine/ Christopher Pike - but recently I read and loved The Maze Runner series and The Eye of Minds by James Dashner.

Best of luck with your writing.