• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader (can swap): Epic Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Harmon

Registered
Reaction score
EDIT: I've found a critique partner, so I'm not available to trade manuscripts right now.

Hello Internet, I'm looking for a beta reader/critique partner for my epic fantasy, which is sitting pretty at 150k words. I've critiqued several manuscripts in the past, I've participated in the 2016 Pitch Wars contest, and this will be the fifth manuscript I've completed. I've been around the block, so if that 150k number is scaring you off, I hope my experience implies that if you decide to commit, your time with me won't be totally horrible. Every beta reader I've had in the past gave me a manuscript to critique in return, so I'm absolutely open to trading with you. The only stipulation is that I get a good sense of your writing beforehand to make sure we'll be a good fit. Below is a link to my beginning pages, which I've posted to Absolute Write, and if you want to swap a couple chapters first before making a decision, feel free to ask.

Beginning Excerpt (800 words):
https://absolutewrite.com/forums/sh...f-the-Mountain-Adult-Epic-Fantasy-(800-words)

I'm open to all sub-genres of science fiction and fantasy, as well as contemporary. All of my previous manuscripts were YA, so I'm open to that category too. The way I typically operate is by working in 50-page increments. Tackling a manuscript in 50-page stretches is more motivating, and I find my productivity to be much higher that way. So if you've gotten this far and you're still interested, feel free to let me know. :) Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.