FBI raids Cohen's office

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
President Whiny McBaby Hands called in to Faux and Friends and gave his typically moronic and deranged ramblings, but he did hand Stormy Daniels a nice gift when he brought up Michael Cohen:

Michael is in business. He’s really a businessman. A fairly big business, as I understand it. I don’t know his business. But this doesn’t have to do with me. Michael is a businessman. He’s got a business—he also practices law, I would say probably the big thing is his business, and they’re looking into something having to do with his business. I have nothing to do with his business. I can tell you … I have many, many—just so you understand, I have many attorneys, sadly I have so many attorneys you wouldn’t even believe it. Michael is somebody … Well, as a percentage of my overall legal work, [he did] a tiny, tiny little fraction. But Michael would represent me, and represent me on some things. He represents me, like with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal, he represented me, and, you know, from what I see, he did absolutely nothing wrong. … From what I understand, they’re looking at his businesses. I’m not involved, and I’ve been told I’m not involved

Federal prosecutors immediately seized upon this revelation during a hearing before Judge Kimba Wood.

Interesting.

I hadn't seen it pointed out that Trump's comment means very little of the files Cohen claims attorney-client priviledge over would actually be safe from scrutiny.

I HAD seen it pointed out that Trump's comment of Cohen representing him in the Stormy Daniels case effectively means he admits he lied about not knowing anything about Stormy Daniels or Cohen's deals/interactions.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I listened to excerpts from that interview. Trump was a ranting, rambling mess. His mouth is Mueller's best evidence against him. I can't recall seeing someone who is so neck deep in it, continually burying themselves.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Michael is in business. He’s really a businessman. A fairly big business, as I understand it. I don’t know his business. But this doesn’t have to do with me. Michael is a businessman. He’s got a business—he also practices law, I would say probably the big thing is his business, and they’re looking into something having to do with his business. I have nothing to do with his business. I can tell you … I have many, many—just so you understand, I have many attorneys, sadly I have so many attorneys you wouldn’t even believe it. Michael is somebody … Well, as a percentage of my overall legal work, [he did] a tiny, tiny little fraction. But Michael would represent me, and represent me on some things. He represents me, like with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal, he represented me, and, you know, from what I see, he did absolutely nothing wrong. … From what I understand, they’re looking at his businesses. I’m not involved, and I’ve been told I’m not involved

Every time he speaks I cringe at the grammar.

In one paragraph, business in some form: 10 times.

Represented: 4 times.

A stable genius indeed!

The business of businessmen is business.

Makes perfect sense to me!

Oh, and why does Michael Cohen have 16 cell phones? I mean, who needs that many phones including a Blackberry? In 2018? For reals?

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Hugh Hewitt tweeted his own take on the call-in:

Listening to @realDonaldTrump having fun and swinging from the hips on @foxandfriends and wondering why he hasn't been doing this more. This works. He's the best promoter of his own record and people.

Maybe he genuinely sees it that way, but reminds me of the dog in the burning house saying 'everything is fine'.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trump certainly is the most prolific promoter of his own record and people. He does it ceaselessly, facts be damned.

Decades ago, a co-worker and I took a long lunch hour to test-drive a couple of cars I was maybe kinda interested in, from two different dealers. When we later compared notes, his opinion on the salesmen we dealt with were exactly opposite of mine. The guy I found professional and not pushy, he found disinterested and aloof. The guy I thought was the stereotype of “loud used-car salesman” he found friendly and engaging.

I’ve no interest in trying to understand why anyone who reads or watches real news thinks Trump is doing well in examples like that rambly word-salad doddering-grandpa interview. We live in very different worlds.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
TRUMP: "I have foreign friends. Lots of friends EVERYWHERE. BIG friends in a lot of BIG places like China, Europe and New-York. Not Russia. I have nothing with Russia. There is no collusion with Russia. No collusion at all. It's all a big witch hunt by the obstructionists Democrats in cahoots with Comey. They don't want a wall. We need a wall. And Mexico will pay for it. Or else. What was the question again?"

INTERVIEWER: "Do you have a coherent foreign policy?"

-cb

Last edited:

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
I'm eager to see Mueller's team raid the NRA's offices. They got money from Russians and the NRA funneled that money to the GOP. That raid is unavoidable. It's written on the wall.

Pray the deities this happens before November...

-cb

Last edited:

R.A. Lundberg

Registered
Reaction score
I'm eager to see Mueller's team raid the NRA's offices. They got money from Russians and the NRA funneled that money to the GOP. That raid is unavoidable. It's written on the wall.

Pray the deities this happens before November...

-cb

Really? That's a new one on me. That sounds like it came from late-night AM radio. Do you have a legitimate source for that?

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Really? That's a new one on me. That sounds like it came from late-night AM radio. Do you have a legitimate source for that?

Here's NPR on the subject: https://www.npr.org/2018/03/01/5900...-politicians-cultivation-of-nra-ties-revealed

A prominent Kremlin-linked Russian politician has methodically cultivated ties with leaders of the National Rifle Association and documented efforts in real time over six years to leverage those connections and gain deeper access into American politics, NPR has learned.

Russian politician Alexander Torshin said his ties to the NRA provided him access to Donald Trump — and the opportunity to serve as a foreign election observer in the United States during the 2012 election...

These revelations come amid news that the FBI is investigating whether Torshin, the deputy governor of the Bank of Russia, illegally funneled money to the NRA to assist the Trump campaign in 2016, McClatchy reported in January.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
I heard this months ago from a Canadian friend. At the time I said "whoa! That is clearly an unfounded rumor. Much as I detest Trump and the alt right, I cannot swallow this one." BUT then NPR backed my friend's claims. I no longer believe this is an unfounded rumor. NPR is an impeccable source. By the way, NPR stands for National Public Radio. NOT a late night radio program. There is no comparison between late night lunacy radio and our nation's public radio station. --s6

Last edited:

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
WSJ: Top Trump Organization official subpoenaed to testify in Michael Cohen probe
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/26/politics/michael-cohen-allen-weisselberg-subpoena/index.html

A former Trump Organization employee told CNN that Weisselberg being subpoenaed as part of the Cohen probe is the "ultimate nightmare scenario for Trump" because Weisselberg knows "anything and everything" about the finances of the Trump Organization.

"Allen knows where all the financial bodies are buried. Allen knows every deal, he knows every dealership, he knows every sale, anything and everything that's been done -- he knows every membership. Anything you can think of," the person said.

Mueller. Love the guy.

-cb

Last edited:

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No body seem to care about economy, jobs, secure borders, less crime and all that good stuff happening in our country....

Oh, I care. I just want the truth, not propaganda.

If the propaganda is false, is reporting that fact "negative", do you think?

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
Reports: Trump Organization finance chief gets immunity

Media outlets are reporting that President Donald Trump’s bookkeeper for his personal and business affairs for decades has been granted immunity in the federal probe of former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen.

He's been with the family since the 70s.

I agree with a take I've seen all over Twitter: he wasn't given immunity just to go after Cohen.

Whatever *45 does, it won't be good. But this, overall, imo, is good news.