I Forgot How To Do First Line Indent in Open Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiee19

Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL:

I came here to ask because you guys always help me and you're so wonderful. OpenOffice users, how do you do first-line indent? I just started my chapter 16 and when I did the page break and started the new chapter, my first-line indents were undone.

Thank you for the help!
maggiee19

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
It's been a while so I Googled it, and came up with this:

When your paragraph does not have bullets or numbering, you can set paragraph indentations by paragraph properties. When you use numbering or bullets in the paragraph, the paragraph indentation is affected by both paragraph properties and numbering properties.It is suggested that you never mix paragraph indents with numbering indents. If you create numbered paragraphs, you can use a paragraph style without indents and allow the numbering style to control the indents. But if you need to set both paragraph and numbering indents, here are the steps to follow:
Select the paragraphs that you want to set indentation.

• Click Format > Paragraph .
  • Click the Indents & Spacing tab.
  • Specify the indent settings in the Before text, After text, and First line fields and then click OK.d_paragraph_properties.jpg
  • Optional: When your paragraph has numbering or bullets, the paragraph indentation is also affected by numbering followed space. To set the numbering followed space,
  • Select the paragraph.
  • Click Format > Bullets and Numbering.
  • Click the Position tab, and specify the indent settings in the Numbering followed by field.

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Setting_paragraph_indentations_in_documents

maggiee19

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! I'm going to do that right now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.