The Terror on AMC

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My kids have ruined this show and a lot of movies by posing a perfectly reasonable question that cannot be adequately answered: Before the ships and crews were there, what was the monster (or dinosaur, or predatory alien, etc.) eating? In this case, were there sufficient Inuit? Because the ones we encounter other than the woman don't seem afraid to be alone out in the open and make no steps to add any level of protection.

Note that I haven't read the book. Our daughter, who has, tells me I don't know what I think I know but will not say more.

Maryn, mystified

In the book, it's more clear the monster has mythical qualities. It's not a simple biological creature.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I did spend a little time online confirming that it appears to be based on the prehistoric Giant Sloth, only white.

Which is why you might not trust everything you read on... Oh wait.:tongue

I think it's safe for me to say having read the book, it wasn't supposed to be a thawed out prehistoric sloth like one sees in the Godzilla era sci fi movies.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
I have thoughts on the ending, but don't want to spoiler anything if you haven't seen it.

Also, apparently the show is going to be an anthology. Need to find the source for that tidbit.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have thoughts, too, but let's give people a few days to watch it on demand or recorded. In seeking some tidbit of information online, I did see a huge spoiler before I watched the last episode.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am going to say, that ain't quite how the book ended. It was disappointing because I couldn't see why they had to change the ending.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
I am going to say, that ain't quite how the book ended. It was disappointing because I couldn't see why they had to change the ending.

Wanna talk about it so bad. Some changes I liked, some I didn't, nothing that spoiled the experience for me.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I found the final episode a bit of a letdown. The moment between Hickey and the Tuunbaq was odd; I wondered how Hickey knew to do what he did.

(Is that vague enough?)

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited: