Not open for further replies.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Once again, a few ideas to challenge or inspire those who write, or who are ready to write, erotic fiction. Any writer can pick one (or more) of the prompts and write a story which meets its requirement.

That can be the end of it. You reply to this thread, announce you wrote something and on which prompt, receive congratulations, and call it done, never showing it to anyone.

Or you can post the resulting story on the password-protected board at Share Your Work - Erotica (see this to get the password, if you don't have it) and get qualified feedback on your story. If you do not want critique, please don't post your work.

Nobody has to post their story, and nobody should post an erotic work anywhere at AbsoluteWrite besides Share Your Work - Erotica, which requires you to have the password and 50 posts. (Critiquing the work of others is a great way to get there--and you'll learn a lot, too.)

Reminder: Moderators do not distribute the password. You get that by stating your are 21 or older and asking for the password in a private message to AW Admin or MacAllister.

1. An unreliable narrator.
2. One character is a (fictional) celebrity whose fame or notoriety impacts the other(s).
3. A holiday or special event goes wrong but ends right.
4. Written in first person present tense.
5. Shape-shifter is a main character.
6. A case of mistaken identity.
7. An animal affects the plot. It can be domesticated or wild. (No bestiality allowed, remember.)
8. 150 words, exactly

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I posted something at SYW that's exactly 150 words. It didn't take long to write at all, although getting it to exactly was a little harder. Give it a shot yourselves.

Trevor Bruhn

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I posted about 700 words in the SYW forum, in category 2 (a fictional future US prez with 2 X chromosomes). I think I messed up by posting as a reply to Maryn's offering. Oops, I may have earned a finger lakes finger with that.

Trevor, still scraping rust off the hull

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trevor, I think I can separate your post from mine and give it its own thread. Want me to do that?

Neither of us seems to be getting feedback.

JakeSTamer

Registered
Reaction score
SYW erotica seems to get very little in the way of comments and posts in general. I've had a short piece posted there for about a month and I'm beginning to think the phrase if you don't have anything good to say ,don't say anything at all applies lol, and that's okay. I don't feel I'm qualified to critique, I'm new at this my grammar, sentence structure, all suck. Since you guys aren't getting any feedback either, if neither of you mind hearing what a noob thinks I'll take a look at it tonight and tell you what I think.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't speak for Trevor--unless I gag him (he'll laugh at that)--but sure, I'm happy to have any feedback. I would guess he would be, too.

It's not unusual for materials posted in erotica's part of SYW to languish. My general impression is that there are a good number of private arrangements between or among friends on the erotica board so their work is never posted but shared via PM or email.

I try to critique, especially for people's first posts, but too often, my feedback is the only one a person gets, and I don't want it to seem like my little fiefdom or anything. Are you still seeking feedback? If so, I'll make a greater effort to make time.

Maryn, who's heard some rumor about one hand washing the other or something like that

JakeSTamer

Registered
Reaction score
I can understand why there's not a lot of response in the erotica threads. I have found that even though people like to read it, they don't like to talk about it. I was the same way when I started writing, now it doesn't bother me. Thank you, I would love whatever feedback you can give whenever you have time. I will try to give you my honest opinion of your work, like I said I'm new at this and I've never critiqued anyone's work before.

lwaxana

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I know you said no bestiality allowed what if it is people who dress up as different animals?

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Then they're people. Perhaps furries, perhaps people at a costume party, but still humans. That's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.