Awesome April - 500 words/day editing/writing - all genres welcome!

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
I did pretty abysmally in March. I did make my goal of 60k on Oubliette by the end of the month, so there's that. But I was hoping to do better.

I also began the second edit of my secret project. I am on page 55 of 97. So that was cool. :D

For this month, I hope to survive! I have edits on Fireborn that just hit and are due May 1st. I also have 3 freelance jobs come through at the same time so those will be keeping me busy.

My mom's having her second knee replacement surgery on the 11th and I am watching her dog who is sick. So that may effect things too b/c he requires nearly round-the-clock care.

So, yeah. Let's do this!

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
WOW Saoirse, you are one busy writer! Your idea of abysmal certainly falls under my "maybe one day" aspirations :D Hope all goes well with you mom and her sick pup.

March went pretty well for me. I hit my goal of starting to query agents. Not sure my final word count for the month was - it was over a thousand but probably under 5k I'm guessing.
This month I want to wrap up another editing run on a project, just crossed the halfway point earlier today. And I'd like to write at least six days of the week. I'll keep the goals simple for now and see where it goes.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
OSG - I hope so too, and good luck with your goals.

Zan75 - I have the tendency to be hard on myself. Thank you for the well wishes and good luck on your goals this month. :D

Freelance job #1 has 60 pages to go. Hoping to finish today.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
How's everyone's projects coming along?

I've continued on with my daily editing. My piece has gained about three hundred additional words, between deleting and adding stuff.
I also laid down some ground work for the beginnings of a new story. So in case I hit a wall on one project, I now have four others I can choose from for a change of pace.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Nice work, Zan75.

I'm just about to dive into my revision of Fireborn, which is slated for an August release. I've been slammed with freelance work, but I'm not complaining. I need the money. :D

Finished freelance job #1 last night and started on #2.

Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Just wanted to share that I finally got through my revision pass today and I am feeling a bit hungover.

I'd really like to get this thing done this month, but I've got two more passes to make (I think). Hoping they'll go faster, though.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Saoirse - Good luck with Fireborn revisions. How long is freelance job #2?

Liz - Congrats on finishing your revision. Giving yourself a day off before you go back to it? Is this for Arkhangelsk that I see in your signature block?

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Liz - Awesome. Hope you're feeling better.

Zan75 - I do freelance editing. The manuscript is due back on Thursday. I'm on page 110 of 333. I should finish it early if I keep up this pace. Thanks for the luck!

I'm trucking along but I'm having severe eye pain. I'm holding off on a painkiller in case it gets worse later. I know it's from the long hours on the computer, but it can't be helped. Deadlines. :(

I'm hoping to squeeze in some Fireborn later today, too.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Finally finished an editing run on one of my works. Think I'll set it aside for a day or two and let my head clear before looking it back over.

Last edited:

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Zan75 - Awesome about finishing the editing! :D

I finished freelance job #3 two days early. My mom had her second knee replacement surgery, so I'm dog sitting. I have not had the energy to do much of anything. He's elderly and sick and needs round-the-clock care.

I am hoping to get back into the groove soon.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Everyone needs a day off Saoirse. How did your mom's surgery go? Hope all is well.
Are you going to back Fireborn next?

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Zan75 - My mom's surgery went well. She is in a lot of pain and is having nausea from the anesthetic. :( I've been working on Fireborn today. It's...going. I'm stuck on a plot issue.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Saoirse - Glad to hear all went well with the surgery :D

Today was a lovely mid seventies day, so I didn't get any writing accomplished, maybe tomorrow. Instead I got to replace a mailbox and rip up some decking. I did write a little yesterday, a little over seven hundred words, so that was good.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Zan75 - Sounds lovely. And awesome on the words. :D

My mom is home now, so I'm less lonely but very sleep-deprived.

I've been avoiding the computer b/c of my pain issues. I had excruciating eye pain for the past 2 days and needed a computer break. So no writing or anything. Today I'm going to try to work on the revision of Fireborn. I think I know how to fix my plot issue, but it will require some rewriting. And it's due to my editor on June 1st, NOT May 1st. And here I was panicking about not making my deadline.

:deep breaths:

Hopefully I have enough brainpower to do something today, ugh.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Keep going, guys. Saoirse, I am sending you spare brainpower. *hmmmmmmmmmmm* :transport:

I took a short break from drafting to polish up some stuff for my portfolio. I think that counts as progress, even though it's not moved me anywhere nearer my goals... :e2hammer:

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
OSG - Sounds like progress to me. Are you back to drafting again?

Saoirse - Congrats on gaining an extra month to rewrite, kind of like finding money in your pants pocket after they've been washed :)

I Haven't accomplished as much as I would have liked to these last few days (nothing new there). I was able to add about 1300 words to my newest project and about 300 hundred words to another. I'm also trying to rework my query letter which isn't going as well.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Zan75 - Yeah, it's quite the relief. :) Awesome progress and hugs on the query letter. They can be brutal.

Well, I got another freelance job which is due at the end of the month. I also am up to page 36 on the rewrite/edit of Fireborn. Progress.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't been overly productive these last few days, dry spell I suppose. Some light editing and my mind is still turning things over in my head so I'm hopefully the end of the month will be a productive one.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
@Zan - just about. I got a bit stuck with the synopsis in my portfolio - pro tip, writing a synopsis when you haven't decided how the story should end is a bad idea - but that should be all done for now. I hope your query is going well.

Good work on the freelance job, Saoirse. Keep pushing, that edit will come to you.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
OSG - I think writing a synopsis and a query are harder than writing a novel ;) Hope you figured out your ending.

Saoirse - Looks like your workload is staying a consistent level of busy. Hope it's going well.

I did a little bit more work on my query, probably need a couple more sentences to bring it all together, and have started looking for the next set of agents to send it to. Found a few I'm going to look a little closer but in the meantime I'll keep up with the polishing and creating aspect.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Hey everybody! Sorry to be AWOL.

There's a slim possibility I'll finish the revision this month. If I don't, it'll be close, but I'm going to push to finish it. I worked out a knot yesterday that I think actually helps, but the next section is going to be a bit of a bear.

Y'all are making amazing progress, and are an inspiration. :hooray: :hooray:

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Zan75 - I agree, although I've only had to write a synopsis once. Good luck with the polishing.

OSG - Hope your synopsis is going well.

Liz - Glad you are making progress. Go go go!

I'm 15 pages away from being done with the editing job, and a week early no less. It is such a good book. Fireborn is up to 42 pages done and 1,422 new words written since I last posted.