• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

Looking for writing groups local to southeastern Massachusetts

Tornadoboy

I bite
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any writing groups within reasonable driving distance of southeastern Massachusetts, North Attleborough in my particular case? I'm trying to write a romance/comedy/drama novel that I guess would fall into the young adult/adult range and it would be nice to talk to people that know more than I do, which isn't a tough standard to reach.

Last edited:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to say I don't, but I would not be even slightly surprised to learn they exist in the area. (I'm assuming Boston and Providence are too far to go?)

I'm in a longstanding local writing group that's genre-specific, but anyone seeking us would not find us. We have no online footprint to speak of, since we don't do anything that needs to be publicly online. We are not a part of any larger organization. We're pretty much invisible to people who are looking for a writing group.

You can scour Meet-Up and Craigslist and maybe you'll luck out. Or you could do what we did, which was start a group that was what we wanted and met at a time we found convenient. If that's something you'd consider, we can talk about it more. I've got lots of experience with that, after one successful start-up and one failure.

Maryn, almost too old to learn, but not quite