The 2018 (First Ever!) Sequel Solstice: A Midsummer Night's Game!

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Or maybe we're all so nice because we let that douche-energy out in fiction. As opposed to road rage or something.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! Maybe I'm just in post-story darkness over what I did to my poor characters. (And this is AW, of course we're awesome people! No group of Internet peeps I'd rather roll with).

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! Maybe I'm just in post-story darkness over what I did to my poor characters. (And this is AW, of course we're awesome people! No group of Internet peeps I'd rather roll with).

Oh god, I'm about to do something awful to my MC. Well, technically I'm not doing the awful thing, but you guys know how this works. I'm gonna feel guilty and upset for a day or so. Even though my man kinda deserves it.

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Drop them rocks on his head, Blinkk! He deserves it, and it makes the story more interesting. :)

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I got to The End and...started over. Same story, different voice, actual motivations this time (maybe). Haven’t even re-read the first draft, but it’s all in my head. I think.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
I got to The End and...started over. Same story, different voice, actual motivations this time (maybe). Haven’t even re-read the first draft, but it’s all in my head. I think.

Oh yikes! I hope it all works out, Annie.

I'm kind of glad my story is done, cause I've been majorly distracted for the past week. It's 'tradie central' here today - third lot of tradesmen have just started working. Fortunately, this lot don't need the power turned off!

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I’m not actually terribly worried about it right now — though ask me in an hour and I’ll probably feel differently! I like the voice of this one a lot better; it feels tighter and more focused, and I know pretty much what’s supposed to happen.

And I’m definitely blaming contractors for the original delay, followed by adorable nieces and nephew, and a sudden weird inability to word-sprint via computer. No idea what was different about buying a notebook that got the words flowing, but whatever works.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
That's great that you're not worried at all. I hope it all flows smoothly for you.

It's amazing how life will interfere at the least opportune moment, eh? I agree. Whatever works is awesome.

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh I'm so behind on my story and that last minute panic is starting to bubble up.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
You've still got a week and a half, Blinkk. You'll get there in time! :e2cheer:

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Well, we're getting closer to the submission deadline and the opening of the guessing! So, how's everyone doing? Still got those douchebag MCs playing nice?
Ten Days!

:Jump::Jump::Jump::banana::Jump::Jump::Jump:

I'm excited, are you?

Sue77

Registered
Reaction score
Oh heck - I've not finished my first draft yet!

About 25% left to do...… :scared:

It's become a little longer than expected.

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
5k words in, and this doggone thing is only just getting started. I planned a short story, but apparently it wants to be a longer piece. :p

Oh well. All I can do is keep pushing forward and hope I manage to finish in time. Write or Die has helped me push through a couple tough spots, so that's something.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
5k words in, and this doggone thing is only just getting started. I planned a short story, but apparently it wants to be a longer piece. :p

Oh well. All I can do is keep pushing forward and hope I manage to finish in time. Write or Die has helped me push through a couple tough spots, so that's something.

You can do it, Taz! :e2cheer:

There's just one week to go now, so I thought it would be good to remind everyone to send your story and excerpt for the guessing to BOTH Jay the JA at bobtheexistentialistmongoose at gmail dot com AND Jay the Jaymz at liriel1810 at gmail dot com. You can send your story either as a Word (or whatever) document that we will put into googledocs or a link to your story in googledocs.

Also, you don't have to wait until the last day to submit, you can fire at will (poor Will).

I am generally online from about 8:30am - 10pm AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time), so feel free to contact me if you need to.

And finally... :e2woo::e2woo: I'm excited, are you? :Jump:

shortstorymachinist

The score is still Q to 12!
Registered
Reaction score
*wanders in with a thousand yard stare* The deed-- *drops knife slick with the blood of many, many plot bunnies* --is done.

I'm gonna let it rest for a while before another pass or two, but it's basically finished. Looking forward to reading everyone's!

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I have an ending! One that I think I’ll actually keep this time. (First attempt was to figure out the story, then how to tell it, then to combine them.)

Now to let it steep a bit, and then see which parts didn’t actually make it onto the page.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
I just how soon it is, and I haz excited! :hooray: So many stories to read, and they can't all be about the king's prison.