The 2018 (First Ever!) Sequel Solstice: A Midsummer Night's Game!

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"The only two ways of escaping the Kings prison were good behavior and suicide. Whoever said that first didn't take moongoddesses into account because there's one in my cell right now, all silvery and lumenous, and she's ready to bust me out. There's a catch though, I will need to help her save her pretty moonelves from the accursed moonhare in return. I never expected a childtime habit would one day become my out-of-jail-ticket but I know a golden opportunity when I see one. And really, how hard can it be? It's just a big bunny, isn't it?"

Hmm, maybe I should not try and combine everything. I can't even do novels...
What a cool start! I would totally read this! Loving the moon elves and moonhare!

Justobuddies

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Registered
Reaction score
And the surprise twist...everyone's been digitized and are avatars for an MMO survival game. Gawd, what a horribly cliche' way to end.

*thinks*

*scratches out ending*

Nope, something different must be done, but what... ... ...

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
I have a vague setting and the bare beginnings of a plot for one prompt that I think I might actually pull off. (Note for those looking for hints for the guessing thread;: it's not at all like the opening I posted before.)

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I have no time whatsoever. I'm playing a show for Memorial Day and all my focus has been on that! I'll start writing after the 28th.

To those who have started, hats off. You guys are good procrastinatorn'ts. (lol it works for yesn't. I don't think it works for procrastinators. xD )

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
I just got really worried the due date was in june not july. Glad there's still tons of time

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Heaps of time yet. :) Just over 2 months before you have to submit.

I started my story, but then it got shunted aside so I could finish my Camp project. My plan is to start up again with my SS:AMNG story 1 June.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Ive written 800 words so far. Not too bad?

Not bad at all, a start you're happy with is better that 10K you have to revise or throw away. Slightly under 2k right now, taking it nice and easy and also getting distracted by new and non-related ideas (argh!). See where today gets me.

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
Not bad at all, a start you're happy with is better that 10K you have to revise or throw away. Slightly under 2k right now, taking it nice and easy and also getting distracted by new and non-related ideas (argh!). See where today gets me.

Very true. May your words come easy!

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
1780 words today, most of which are dubious. But hey, still respectable.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
You did 1780 in one day? That's more than respectable in my book! I struggle to get 500 in a day. (I miss the days when I could write 3,000 without cracking a sweat)

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Hope you can sneak in enough spare time to write something, Alby. Good luck with the new job too!

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Still pondering here. I have a submission due to ArmadilloCon’s writers’ workshop due June 15, so I’m guessing I won’t start actually writing until then, but ideas are percolating.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the good lucks! I'm off to see my accountant today. I can barely contain my excitement!

You be careful there! Don't hurt yourself with the exciting life you lead! *g*

AnnieColleen - percolating is good. That means your subconscious is working it all out while you're busy with other stuff, so when you get to sit down and write - it'll just spill out of you, right? At least that's the theory anyhow. *g*

Justobuddies

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Registered
Reaction score
There, I'm all finished...

with the opening scene

Don't judge. I can at least see this SIAMANG plot forming on the horizon.

stock-photo-a-siamang-gibbon-45611935.jpg

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, 4k in and I might just start over with another prompt.

Congrats to Albedo on the new job (and Blinkk, if I didn't say before!)

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Tomorrow's the Day. I figure June 1's as good as any date to start (also, if I don't start before I start working, I'll procrastinate for another month).

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Over 5k right now, but...so ugh. Rewrites will help, but only so much. Tryin' to just view it as a good workout, and not pin my self-worth on the end result.

Anyone ever felt that way before? Weird question on a forum like this.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, 5K is awesome, Kev! You're getting the words down and that is excellent! You can always fix them later.

I have, on occasion, felt that I suck as a writer, but never felt that I suck as a person. I try to remember that everyone brings different experiences to the writing, and you can only write the way you write. I usually have to remind myself of that when I start thinking my stories are too simple and no one will want to read them. Doesn't matter that usually there's only two people reading. I'd love to write something deep and complex, but I'm just not that sort of person. *shrugs* It is what it is and I'm learning to be happy with the sort of stories I write.

I do, sometimes, feel like I must be doing something wrong when everyone else is struggling so hard with their story and all I'm really struggling with is not being a lazy git. The stories kind of write themselves.

I am planning on starting my story proper on Monday. I need to finish up this damn short story so I'll have one less thing nagging at me to write on IT instead of my SS:AMNG story. *gives The Crystal Throne the side-eye* Your time will come, story, just be patient.