The 2018 (First Ever!) Sequel Solstice: A Midsummer Night's Game!

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
I finally have a solid idea and a page already written! Woot!

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Except for edits, I'm done. Edit=Fix typos, not fix story. What the hell did I just write, and why is it so long?

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Go, go, go! You can do it, guys! :e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer:

Way to go on being done, Kev! (mine's sorta long too)

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
This is me too. I can just mail off a notebook with a scrawly mess of a story, right? :Hammer:

I mean, all I sent off was a bunch of doodles of horsies, and then a big empty space where I wrote 'STORY GOES HERE'. So I think you're good. (might want to check with the Jays first)

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
You've still got two weeks, everyone. You can do it! :e2cheer::e2cheer:

Just a quick reminder since we're getting closer to the wire - when you are ready to send your story, you must send it to both Jays:

Jay the JA at bobtheexistentialistmongoose at gmail dot com

and

Jay the Jaymz a liriel1810 at gmail dot com.

Last edited:

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
*nervous shaking intensifies*

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, I'm just not feeling so good about my story. I wrote it from the POV of a guy who turned out to be selfish and unlikeable. I feel like I should've written it from another character's POV entirely. I'm not sure if there's enough time to rewrite everything from another person's POV.

Big thinking to do now. Hmmm.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, I'm just not feeling so good about my story. I wrote it from the POV of a guy who turned out to be selfish and unlikeable. I feel like I should've written it from another character's POV entirely. I'm not sure if there's enough time to rewrite everything from another person's POV.

Push on through & finish! I went through the same angst but am glad I completed it. (And my POV character is really unlikable too)

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score

Push on through & finish! I went through the same angst but am glad I completed it. (And my POV character is really unlikable too)

Yep, what Kev said. It doesn't matter if the character is selfish and unlikeable. That magician series by Lev Gossman has a thoroughly unlikeable character - and yet people rave about the series. So just write your story and don't worry about it, Blinkk!

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
So the scrawly mess is > < this close to having an ending. I might have a bit of time to actually revise.

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
I like the characters, I like where it's going. ...now I just need to write faster.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Another douchebag MC here. Oh dear, what kind of anthology are we making?

I can see it now - "When A Douchebag is a Hero - An Anthology". I'd buy that. :)

I don't know if my story would fit in though. I don't think my MC is a douche at all... course that could just be because I like him. Time will tell, I guess.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
I can see it now - "When A Douchebag is a Hero - An Anthology". I'd buy that. :)

:ROFL:I also have a "douchey" hero (hopefully one that's still fun to hang around with). It's sort of a thematic point of the story.

AW needs to test the water. Or the food. Or something.