AprilNoWriMo - Campers & Not-Campers Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elenitsa

writing as Marina Costa
Registered
Reaction score
Website
caribbeandawn1720.jcink.net
I finished too the 200 pages set for revision - actually the whole 216 which remained (there had been more but it got cut as well). I still have 3 more scenes to write and then ready for submission :)

Justobuddies

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Registered
Reaction score
I copied my MS into the validator today just to check my word count, turns out I was somehow off by 3,000 words. So I'm finally a

Camp-2018-Winner-Twitter-Header-1.png

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
HOORAY! HOORAY! Congratulations!

:TheWave::Trophy::TheWave::Trophy::TheWave::Trophy::TheWave:

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Woo hoo! I finished too! It wasn't all one story, though. But I now have a rough first draft of Mahpee, and a goal for my group of misfits in my next fantasy story!

I'm a happy little vegemite today.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
[12.3k] Write 20k
[ ] Complete Divide WIP re-organisation. (see mini goals below)
[ ] Finish Divide draft.
[0/5] Health: Lose five pounds. (I keep self-sabotaging. :( Need to work through this.)
[ ] Create art
[ ] Gaming: Finish Night in the Woods
[x] Gaming: Finish Rose of Winter
[5/5] Read 5 books
X All Systems Red
X Empire of Storms (audiobook)
X The Art of Loish
X Roller Girl
X Earthsea (Twitter Readalong)
The Sketchbook of Loish [inprog]
Anatomy of a Story [inprog]
Inside of a Dog [inprog]
Mothership [inprog]
Ancillery Justice (#sffbookclub Mastodon Readalong)

Divide v5 Drafting
[x] Theo file add-in
[ ] V4 add-in
[ ] V4.5 add-in

Last edited:

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was occupied with that new musical workshop all week long. We only worked four hours a day on the material, but it was a lot to learn in very little time, and the commute to the Kennedy Center (in morning rush traffic, thank you, not to mention the two auditions I had this week as well) sapped me of any desire to work when I got home. So I'm going to fall short of my Camp goal, but I'm going to keep pushing forward to see how close I can get.

On the other hand, I'm calling my exercise goal a win. Except for Week 1, I got in my three 30-minute sessions and then some every week. Most of it was yard work, and I have to say I really enjoyed it, after having no yard to work in last year when I was in NYC. I'm going to wait until April 30 to see if I make my weight goal; I've been yo-yoing back and forth all month.

I'm still working on Oliver Sacks' MIGRAINE. All the medical terms in the book have an oddly soporific effect on me; I usually read for half an hour before I go to sleep, but I rarely get more than a couple of pages read before I nod off.

All the anniversary prep for our Oregon trip is done; I just have to double-check the travel plans and pack, and I can't really start on that until closer to our departure. I haven't gotten anything from my editor to review on Book 4, so that goal will have to slide to next month.

[ ] Write 20k fresh new words for Camp on my WIP (Book 5 of my fantasy series) - 12,032 of 20,000
[ ] Review edits on Book 4 as I receive them from publisher - haven't gotten anything yet
[-] Read 3 books - 2 of 3
[x] Prep for 25th Anniversary trip to Oregon
[x] Figure out anniversary gift for Hard To Shop For Husband
[ ] Lose 3 more pounds - 0 of 3
[x] Get 30 minutes of exercise 3 times a week:
Week 1 - 2 of 3
Week 2 - 3 of 3
Week 3 - 3 of 3
Week 4 - 3 of 3

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Final update:

[x] Edits on Fireborn for Camp (due 6/1) 79 pages done and 3,000-ish new words written. Not done but close.
[x] Survive Mom's surgery ~She is home and home care has begun.
[x] Finish 3 freelance jobs #1 and #2 have been delivered. Just emailed #3 to client.
[] Progress on writing/editing a different project if there's time ~Nothing here except thinky-thoughts

All in all, not too bad. :D

arikdiver

Making magic with words
Registered
Reaction score
[X] 30 hours editing (camp goal) - scraped in.
[X] Read 2 books
[X] Write 2 blog posts

Can't believe it's almost May.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it's the last day of the month, and time for final reports on your April progress!

I didn't finish my Camp goal - April was a lot busier than I anticipated, but I'm happy with what I produced, and will continue moving forward. I finally heard from my editor today, who should have her first round of edits to me next week, so that goal will move to May. I'm still working on the MIGRAINE book, but won't finish it before midnight tonight. I'm at exactly the same weight I was when I started the month, but I have hopes to lose those stubborn pounds and keep on exercising in May.

[-] Write 20k fresh new words for Camp on my WIP (Book 5 of my fantasy series) - 13,519 of 20,000
[-] Review edits on Book 4 as I receive them from publisher - haven't gotten anything yet
[-] Read 3 books - 2 of 3
[x] Prep for 25th Anniversary trip to Oregon
[x] Figure out anniversary gift for Hard To Shop For Husband
[-] Lose 3 more pounds - 0 of 3
[x] Get 30 minutes of exercise 3 times a week:
Week 1 - 2 of 3
Week 2 - 3 of 3
Week 3 - 3 of 3
Week 4 - 3 of 3

I'm off to start the May thread. Congratulations to all our Campers (those who met their goals and those who didn't)!

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome work, mrsmig! Just remember, though, muscle weighs more than fat, so go by how your clothes are fitting rather than the scales. :)

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
Final update!

In the end I only missed the one day on my daily goals. This is actually something I'm really happy about - often when I miss one day, later on it'll be well, I could write, but I've already ruined the spreadsheet/failed the goal anyway so... but I managed to keep it up. That said, sometimes it was a bare minimum type thing. I wrote some words one day for a bits-and-pieces story that is never going anywhere (it's... basically Assassin's Creed fanfic but with actual time travel and mysterious magical girls). I figure any creative writing is good practice for 'real' stuff though.

I decided I'm just going to sub my second flash fic as is. If I don't get anywhere, I'll put it aside and maybe see if there's enough in it to turn it into a longer story at some point. I did finish editing the full length story. Just need to sub it now.

M. is... okay. I did three chapters all up. So given I've been not starting it for about six months now, yay, a start. But not a very good start? Not sure. Did about 7.3k words in Haven, which I figure is a decent start on that at least.

Finished Down Among the Sticks and Bones. Made me feel like rereading the first one (which it was a sequel to) again so started that, but haven't finished yet. My bad reading habits bother me. I don't mind when I choose to play a game instead of read - that's one fun thing over another. I do mind when I choose to mess around on the internet, opening pages, realising I'm caught up and promptly closing them, pacing the house, thinking there's nothing to do... when I could be reading.

At least I kind of know what I did to my foot, am on anti-inflamms now, and hopefully it will heal soon.

1. Read five books. 3/5
2. Continue transcription. Bit more.
3. Edit/Finish one story (the SS one) and two flash. 3/3
4. Decide and begin whatever long form I'm writing next. Yes! Haven.
5. Continue game planning. Yes.
6. Edit M. (Book 1) A start!
7. Min 500 words or 2 pages edited per day (with one dedicated writing day per week). No :( But one day missed only, and the dedicated writings days achieved.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Didn't hit my main wordcount goal, but at only 2k off I'll take it. Onwards to the next week!

[18k] Write 20k
[ ] Complete Divide WIP re-organisation.
[ ] Finish Divide draft.
[0/5] Health: Lose five pounds. (I keep self-sabotaging. Need to work through this.)
[ ] Create art
[ ] Gaming: Finish Night in the Woods
[x] Gaming: Finish Rose of Winter
[5/5] Read 5 books
X All Systems Red
X Empire of Storms (audiobook)
X The Art of Loish
X Roller Girl
X Earthsea (Twitter Readalong)
The Sketchbook of Loish [inprog]
Anatomy of a Story [inprog]
Inside of a Dog [inprog]
Mothership [inprog]
Ancillery Justice (#sffbookclub Mastodon Readalong)

ReignaFTW

Registered
Reaction score
Geez, April flew by! Had a blast in the AW Cabin and looking forward to the next round in July. Finished the last book in the Indranan War trilogy, Beyond the Empire, which was a solid read. Here's how I wrapped up for April:

- 40 hrs of editing for Camp (official counter ended at 37 since I was out of town, whoops!)
- Finish 1 book (X)

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
I was going to check-in last night, but didn't get to it, and that pretty much sums up how my month went, really :tongue

[ ] Give away the give-away pile
[X] Go through my books for ones I can give away or sell
[-] Go through my clothes for stuff I can give away
[-] Finish reading Coyote Kings for the AW Reading Challenge
[-] Read A Fine Balance for book club
[-] Pull together draft of short story for next Alphabet Anthology and finish
[X] Finish Camp Project (novella revision)
[X] Edit every day: Week 14
[X] Edit every day: Week 15
[X] Edit every day: Week 16
[X] Edit every day: Week 17
[X] Edit every day: Week 18 (April portion)

I am pleased with getting my camp project done and going through the books. Carrying over a lot this month, though.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
April was a flop for me. I finished the design project. The spring cleaning is still at 1/2, but I still have the rest of the spring to finish it, so I'm not stressing about it. I got some writing in, but don't remember how much.

Status
Not open for further replies.