On-line e-zines

CindyGirl

Registered
Reaction score
Which of the on-line pubs would be good to subscribe to? What does everyone out there find useful and entertaining?

tharris

Registered
Reaction score
Just a note that I'd like to know this too!

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Gosh, there are so many out there! It really depends on your reading preference, TBH. My recs, for example, would lean towards science fiction and fantasy because that's what I gravitate toward for shorts.

If you want to see a list of what's out there and start exploring by genre, I'd use submission grinder. They are great for managing your short story subbing, but you can just use the link references to go out and explore magazine possibilities for your own reading pleasure! I've found so many that way.

Elle.

Registered
Reaction score
Another good resource is the Submittable platform - a lot of University reviews use it for fiction, non-fiction and poetry submission, but it also has links to those publication's website so a good way to explore too.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Be aware that on-line e-zines appear and vanish with the regularity of rainbows. My only two short story publications came via requests by the e-zine editors who had seen samples of my writing in writers' websites (one from right here at AW). Both "publications" went kaputt almost immediately after I agreed to let them "publish" the stories. Ergo, those stories might just as well never have existed.

caw