American New and Continuing TV Shows for April 2018

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Which ones look good to you? These are not all of the premiere dates, but here are most of the notable ones for April, 2018. Troy looks epic (on scale with the movie with Brad Pitt from years ago). Morgan's jumping ship from The Walking Dead to Fear the Walking Dead. It looks like The Walking Dead will finish its current season the same night Fear the Walking Dead begins its new season (maybe to help the Morgan character segue from one show to the other).

Date
April 2
April 3
April 5
April 6
April 7
April 8
April 11
April 13
April 15
April 16
April 20
April 22
April 22
April 24
April 24
April 26
April 29
April 30
April 30
Series Name
The Crossing (Oregon, refugees from future)
Legion (more, Marvel comic antihero)
Imposters, Season 2
Troy: Fall of a City
Ransom, Season 2
Aerial Cities
The Expanse, Season 3
Lost in Space (remake of a 1960s TV series)
Fear the Walking Dead, Season 4 (Morgan joins cast)
Supergirl (season 3 continuation)
The Originals, Season 5
Into the Badlands, Season 3
Westworld, Season 2
The 100, Season 5
Genius: Pablo Picasso (played by Antonio Banderas)
Quantico, Season 3
Good Witch, Season 4
Dancing with the Stars (4 weeks, all athletes)
Elementary, Season 6
Day
Monday
Tuesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Wednesday
Friday
Sunday
Monday
Friday
Sunday
Sunday
Tuesday
Tuesday
Thursday
Sunday
Monday
Monday
Network
ABC
FX
Bravo
NetFlix
CBS
Smithsonian
SyFy
NetFlix
AMC
CW
CW
AMC
HBO
CW
NatGeo
ABC
Hallmark
ABC
CBS

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
I've been bitten so many times by shows - particularly network shows - either ending too soon or (often worse) too late it's hard to give them a chance anymore... plus coordinating TV watching time with family is a task that would best the gods themselves. (I once got yelled at for having seen a commercial before a relative had. True story.)

That said, I'm looking forward to S3 of The Expanse; even if/when SyFy kills it, probably at its prime, I'll still have the books, so I can enjoy it without worrying that I'll never know the fates of favorite characters or the arcs will be left hanging (or twisted to accommodate some executive's "it ain't broke let's fix it" whim)...

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
The Crossing was stellar. Anyone else watch that, and want to comment?

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
I thought it was going to be weak vs. strong, but the girl's mom looks like a sympathetic character for viewers.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Any predictions yet?

The mom of the girl can go one of two ways.... 1) she's really one of the stronger type planted in with the others; 2) she's an outcast of the stronger type, but has no allies yet. If the second is true, I think she'll learn how well they treated her daughter and learn to sympathize with their pending problems.

Your predictions?

Noizchild

Registered
Reaction score
Website
noizchild.neocities.org
I don't really know. But that girl with the young cop could end up hooking up. I don't know what will happen with the guy that tried to warn the people. I have a feeling that somebody's a plant.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Great start to Season 3 of The Expanse tonight, though I forgot just how annoying commercials were. (I don't watch a lot of TV anymore... usually DVDs or Amazon Prime.)

Nice to see some decent sci-fi back on "SyFy", too - when last I left (round about the Farscape years), things were looking very unscifi around those parts.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
I am very happy with the Aerial Cities. Amazing to see what they show at each city. The dual timeline episode of Fear the Walking Dead was annoying, but they had to do it to get Morgan caught up with the "prequel" timeline of the series. I hope this won't be an on-going thing.