Any Australians out there?

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
The cold snap hasn't really had a big impact this far north, but I absolutely love the cooler nights at this time of year.

Last edited:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been trying to work out why I didn't order a cord of wood this year and I just realised that's because THE WHOLE PLACE WAS IN FLAMES.

That was just before the dust storms. And the coronavirus.

Happy first of May, everyone.

Last edited:

Mod35tBabe

Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Hey all, I used to be active on AW from 2006-2008 thereabouts. I used to live in Victoria but now live in NSW - absolutely freezing here. Good weather to stay inside and practice writing!

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No I don't - though it's a lovely place. Charlie is (was :cry:) a Cavalier King Charles and I think he had a few siblings on the North Shore and Northern Beaches. He was a beautiful dog. Died the night before I started publicity for a novel in 2012 - I cried through every interview. And I have only just finally started over with a new puppy in January.

RIP Charlie. You were a Very Good Boy.

Sonya Heaney

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm posting to remind people that entries for the Banjo Prize close soon. The winner gets a $15 000 advance and a publishing contract with HarperCollins—so if you have a manuscript ready to go, it's a great opportunity! You have to be a resident of Australia and over eighteen to enter.

You can read more about it HERE (where you can also watch a video of one of my editors talking about writing a synopsis :)).