Status
Not open for further replies.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In cities across the world millions have taken to the streets to protest gun violence and call for gun reform here in the US. Many of those leading the marches are high school students.

Link 1 NYT

Link 2 Photos NYT

Link 3 CNN International

Link 4 ABC International

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Elaine, we had the same thought at the same time about this. I've requested our threads be merged.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Link Second Nexus, signs from today

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
We're heading out soon for our local March For Our Lives in Killeen, Texas - with our soon to be of voting age son (he'll be 18 in May), and our 16 yo daughter.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Not even a parent, or an American, but I feel so proud of these kids (and the parents who raised them)! Who said kids these days are apathetic? They are a force to be reckoned with.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I went to the DC march. Way cool. I'm excited by the optimism and momentum.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Went to the Seattle march. Great turnout, great weather after it was predicted to be raining and snowing. Lots of young people. My legs ache even though I started at the midway point in the march.

Lots of emotion too, it's so very encouraging.

I forgot my camera and all my pics with my phone at the DeVos protest here in Bellevue turned out to be legs instead of signs. I don't know how I aimed it wrong, it looked fine in the view finder. I can't believe I'm a tech challenged oldie.

I have the light rail and orca card thing down now though. And there was no game on at the U of W. I was able to park right next the to rail station. :Thumbs:

Last edited:

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
What a day, marching with my wife and kids (aged 16 and 18). I felt the power of the movement as we walked, and it was a great feeling to actually DO something, not just sit at the computer and fire off tweets. We were warned at the beginning that we might be accosted by gun toting members of the Texas Open Carry group. We saw them at the end of the march, brandishing their guns openly, with at least five AR-15s visible. They kept their distance and did not interfere.

I am 63 years old (my wife is 45), and this march was one of the most powerful experiences of my life.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
We were warned at the beginning that we might be accosted by gun toting members of the Texas Open Carry group. We saw them at the end of the march, brandishing their guns openly, with at least five AR-15s visible. They kept their distance and did not interfere.
And what kind of bullying idiots bring AR-15s to a protest over students being shot by AR-15s? Oh, right, NRA members. :crazy:

- - - Updated - - -

Warmest regards to those who marched, with their kids or not.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
The NRA and Tucker Carlson have spoken out against these marches. Two of the best reasons I can think of for supporting the marches, and to continue the effort.

caw

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The NRA and Tucker Carlson have spoken out against these marches. Two of the best reasons I can think of for supporting the marches, and to continue the effort.

caw

They were still saying on Fox, even with all the marches today, that the kids were put up to it. These kids were so mature, and so sincere, how insulting to push the narrative that they are just kids being pushed by adults.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And what kind of bullying idiots bring AR-15s to a protest over students being shot by AR-15s? Oh, right, NRA members. :crazy:

- - - Updated - - -

Warmest regards to those who marched, with their kids or not.

I saw one 'Second Amendment' guy on the news who had been at Seattle, but I didn't see any pro-gun people at the march here at all.

TX though, I can imagine.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Status
Not open for further replies.