• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

Please provide feedback for the below paragraph

malsa16

Registered
Reaction score
I am a beginner writer (and an ESL student), and I try to write at least one paragraph a day so that I improve my writing. I figured it wouldn’t hurt getting feedback from you. I might as well use the internet to my advantage! The following are part of an essay outlining my opinion on what makes a good friend.

Starts here :

All friends are different- and surely a good friend to you isn’t necessarily a good friend to me. To be a good friend, you have to be adaptable to the ever-changing demands of your significant other (not in intimate way.) Social needs, as an example- perhaps you need to be alone with yourself for the day but every minute and then, your friend drags you with him in his insane rambles. It definitely isn’t a bad thing, but for god’s sake, if I’m giving you every clue that I don’t want to talk at this moment, please-just please understand. But when you compare this person to the good friend- it's like he/she sees through your mind, and it isn’t a hard thing. Believe me-it’s not that hard. And most of the time, the friend who talks a lot considers you a good friend...yes, you are a good listener, it appears. To conclude, a person who likes to talk isn’t necessarily a bad friend-and can be some of the best friends out there. But it’s certainly helpful to not talk, when no one wants to talk.

Thanks for taking the time

Let the fiery rocks be thrown at me.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Hi Malsa, and welome to Absolute Write.

I understand your eagerness to get critique as an ESL student, but unfortunately, there are a few reasons why we can't give it to you right now.
1) Your post is in the wrong section. Critiques, no matter how long or short, go in the Share Your Work subforum
2) You can't post your own work in SYW until you've gotten 50 posts. In the past, a lot of people have shown up, asked for critique, gotten it, and disappeared without giving anything else back to the community. The 50-post rule was made to fix that. You can post in SYW, reading other people's work and giving your thoughts, or anywhere else in the forum, and you'll build up those 50 posts quickly. Once you hit that, you'll get all the feedback you could want. We just want to get to know you first. :) Why don't you start in the New Members forum and introduce yourself, let us know who you are and what you like to write.