Well, hell.

underpope

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.underpope.com
Just got a rejection from a market that had previously indicated that they were really interested in.

"We saw the twist coming from a mile away," they say. "It's too light-hearted in tone," they say. But at least they agreed it had an unusual haunting and a nice tone. And it was a personal rejection, and they want more from me, which is a good thing.

Still, though. This stings.

RaggyCat

Registered
Reaction score
One person can see a twist coming a mile away. Another mightn't see it at all. Hang in there! Sorry to hear you this rejection.

averydarkword

Cat lover
Registered
Reaction score
They kinda did a plot twist. Sorry just had to say that, it was stronger than me.

Well it must be awful to feel that way. I never published or tried to publish anything since I never wrote a story, I am only beginning now and I'm not aiming for that at least for now but I know that failure makes you feel sad and can destroy the day.
I think that with it great things may come or even a better "market", just do not give up! I bet that it is a really good story! Cheers up and a drink a tequila shot! Let's go!

Qwest

Here on a catnap
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Underpope. Their feedback does sound a bit contradictory: too light-hearted in tone, but a nice tone? Oh well. I think your story sounds weirdly wonderful. Good luck in finding it a home!

Erato

Registered
Reaction score
I really wish they wouldn't give reasons why they didn't like it unless they promise to reconsider if they are changed. The writer is already sad it's a no, they don't need to know why, especially when there isn't a point to it.