Hi there to all from CAQuinn!

CAQuinn

Registered
Reaction score
Meetings and greetings
My username is CAQuinn. And i started a websight blog. Well honestly, It's my paid for domain name that I bought a couple days ago. And I still have to actually start the blog. Yep! I am that much of a newbie, and it’s my first message board. Like EVER!. ill also answer to Christoph, not Chris though. My parents called me Christoph, my wife calls me Christoph, you get the point.
As a writer, I started out as most did im sure, as a reader! Like many writers, I’ve read more books than other people I know. I write non fiction too with a self published book that I am actually not going to name hear. If someone runs across it, then they do. That, to me, is separate from my fiction writing, plus my non-fiction book has a pen name. and ill eventually find some writer/message boards to chat about that on.
Fiction writing! That’s why I am here, not just to get feedback about my books, screenplays and poetry, but to also hopefully give out some info on my style of writing… I learned in college about playwriting and the 3 act structure of the Freytag pyramid. But what I really studied was Hollywood screenplay writing called, Western Narrative Tradition with 4 acts. i learned some stuff from books and a few professors, but especially from two professors who are credited with IMDB, Evan Charnov and Betty Goldberg, between them and my own curiosity I really learned some advanced stuff about it. and I can’t wait to post it. Yes, eventually I would love to teach writing myself.
Genres… always rom-com with strong female characters. I’ve got some young adult, a spythriller/murder mystery, one magical realism/fantasy, one sort of sci-fi, almost all can be called dramedy, I like to think I write good comedy and I hope others think I do too. Time to find out.
And I can’t wait to critique others books, basically I think I’ll stick to what I think really works and ask the person if they want me to explain what I think could make things better, before I do post. For me this is the golden rule, because I don’t want people to specifically tell me, “hey in this part here you should have this character say this and do this!” Likewise, I doubt I’ll go to a paid editor for help. What im hoping for is people to say hey this part of the battle dragged on for me, maybe make it shorter or put more dialogue in.

Thanks Christoph

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Greetings, Christoph! Best of luck on your writing projects, and welcome to AW!

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Christoph, welcome to AW, best of luck with everything.

CAQuinn

Registered
Reaction score
thanks for the welcome DENEVIUS. !!!

So far, you're the only one to welcome me to the site.after the first intro hello.

and i must say WOW! congratulations on the prolific writing and getting published.
id love to read something of yours, but since im in accra ghana africa unless its available on line i wont be able too.

im building up my posts so i can put two books up for people to critique and of course ill have to figure out where other people post their books for critique
i dont know about you Denevius, but getting anyone to read my stuff is almost impossible,
so if someone is willing to read my work i'll definately read their's

thanks again for the welcome
christoph

averydarkword

Cat lover
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there Cristoph! I searched for your thread to welcome you. Although we are already in touch I felt the need to do it and I hope you do not mind.

So, have a great time here!

Cheers

CAQuinn

Registered
Reaction score
thank you cameron
i spent a week in scottland i just visited roslin chappel everyday... i went in the glen and met eddie thompson the templar scholar,had some great chat.

CameronJohnston

Great Old One
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cameronjohnston.net
Oh lovely! Rosslyn Chapel is a wonderful place, and while The Da Vinci Code is total nonsense, at least money from all the new visitors allowed them to finally and fully repair the roof of the building and protect the delightful carvings.

Sarah697

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Christoph, and welcome here from another newbie! I have a screenwriting background as well. If you're ever looking for a critique partner to trade pages with, let me know.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome again christoph i already met you in the old fart's bar grill and infirmary you and i are partners in crime separated at birth 'cause i write mysteries as well see you around i hope

CAQuinn

Registered
Reaction score
chase ive got one mystery that ive written

and its more like crime drama

besides guessing who really killed the senator's aid and why?
it shows what life was like for blacks in america in the 1950's
when the cops got to do whatever the hell they wanted to them...
but it is still a spy thriller murder mystery with an explosive
concept on the last page that really makes one think..

omg and holy crap!!!
i just clicked on your link!!!!!!!
MOFU-WOW

im a vet too, but i just did my 4 years, and it was peace time 84-88
i was infantry though.

yeah id totally like to chat and get to know you bro!