Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For those AW members who are thinking about doing Camp NaNo (starting April 1st), I've opened an "official" cabin! If you'd like to join us, please drop me a PM or just a note in this thread with your NaNo name, and I'll send you an invitation to join via the Camp NaNo website. (Please note that you'll first need to go to the site and create your Camp project to show up in their system.)

If you've never Camped before, the experience is less stressful than full-on NaNoWriMo. Instead of committing to writing 50,000 words of a new novel, you can choose both your project and your goal. For example, you might want to write a series of short stories totaling 20k words. Or you might be in the throes of editing and have 15 chapters to go. Or hey! you might be working on the thesis for your master's degree! Anything goes. The main thing is that it's YOUR project and YOUR goal, and you'll have the encouragement and companionship of those in your Cabin to help you along.

Space in the Cabin is limited to 20, so don't delay!

Last edited:

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
I'm kind of looking forward to this. :) It sounds like it's heaps less stressful than regular NaNo. Now all I need to do is sort out my basic outline of events - but I can do that next week (gotta read my sisyfus story and play in the guessing thread this week!).

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
I'm also in! Thanks for picking up the cabin coordination work, MrsMig!

I'm NYKitty on the site!

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm also in! Thanks for picking up the cabin coordination work, MrsMig!

I'm NYKitty on the site!

I tried to send you an invite but apparently you haven't created your Camp project yet. Let me know when you have, and I'll send it again. Chompers, your invitation went out this morning.

froglivers

Registered
Reaction score
(for some reason my reply is blank up there-- my tablet, what a pain...)

I'd greatly appreciate an invite. I just finished the 2nd project 2nd over, and need some nudging getting back on the horse to revise the 1st project.
My handle over at Camp Nano is froglivers.

Thanks!

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(for some reason my reply is blank up there-- my tablet, what a pain...)

I'd greatly appreciate an invite. I just finished the 2nd project 2nd over, and need some nudging getting back on the horse to revise the 1st project.
My handle over at Camp Nano is froglivers.

Thanks!

Invitation sent!

themindstream

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sitting on the fence trying to decide whether I want in. My Next Big Project is the 2nd draft for my WIP novel and I intend to start in the camp timeframe no mater what but I'm not sure whether I want to formally tie it to the event. I've no idea how revision translates into a wordcount-based NaNo goal and this is my first time revising a whole dang novel, I have no idea what sort of goal I should set. Is it realistic to get through the whole thing in a month? If not, how much? (I also have my eye on maybe having this ready for The Beta Project and Pitch Wars.)

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sitting on the fence trying to decide whether I want in. My Next Big Project is the 2nd draft for my WIP novel and I intend to start in the camp timeframe no mater what but I'm not sure whether I want to formally tie it to the event. I've no idea how revision translates into a wordcount-based NaNo goal and this is my first time revising a whole dang novel, I have no idea what sort of goal I should set. Is it realistic to get through the whole thing in a month? If not, how much? (I also have my eye on maybe having this ready for The Beta Project and Pitch Wars.)

You don't have to set a word count. You can set a number of pages, or hours spent editing. So, say you wanted to do hours - make an estimate of how much time you think you can realistically spend on the 2nd draft, and put that as your goal. It seems like Camp is way more flexible about what you have for your goal than the November NaNo.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jaymz Connelly is absolutely right, themindstream. It's kind of an anything-goes format, so your goal and the way you choose to achieve it are pretty open. (And you can always go back and edit that goal if you need to.)

themindstream

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, let's see if this works out. Hit me with an invite, same name as here.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Invitation sent!

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Justobuddies would like to join, if it's not too late.

Invitation sent, and it's not too late. We have a bit more than a week before Camp begins, and a few spots left in the cabin.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone else getting a 'not secure' notice when you try to go onto the Camp website?

Status
Not open for further replies.