Some short term goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawan

Registered
Reaction score
I need to get back into writing!

Goals for the remainder of March: I would like to write rough drafts of two more short stories. I would also like to start editing and cleaning up a first draft of a story that's already written.

Goals for the next few months: I want to keep writing a couple of shorts a month (and have a bunch of new stories submitted to magazines), and I want to plan a new novel. If I lose interest in the shorts, I'll switch to the novel :D

Reading goals for the next few months: I usually read a lot, but I've read hardly anything this year due to tons of stress during January and February. I want to get back up to reading at least four to five books a month.

AVPPublishing

Registered
Reaction score
Great goals. I've definitely found that they keep one on track and motivate.

My 2018 goal is that my revenue from writing equals 50% of my revenue from my full-time job. Once I can consistently hit that mark, I plan to take the leap and go full-time.

bellsmuir

Registered
Reaction score
Rawan, your goals are great! Definitely super inspiring.

For me:

Goals for the remainder of March: Get back in the habit of writing every day (even if it's for just half an hour after work), and finish drafting the post-prologue chapter of Tower Novel.

Goals for the next few months: Get a few chapters of both Tower Novel and Farm Novel banged out, and keep the momentum going! I feel like if I get any more specific than that, I'm going to disappoint myself, so.

Reading goals for the next few months: Just carry on like I've been doing, because honestly I've been reading loads this year. Probably also read something that my best friend gave me for Christmas, because I keep accidentally failing to read any of her book-presents. (I'm getting altogether too dependent on my Kindle.)

LadyRedRover

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like you have some pretty solid goals ^_^ I'm trying to balance short stories and a novel at the moment too. It's been difficult, but rewarding so far. Hopefully, we'll both have good luck with it and have a lot of fun as well.

By the way, how are your goals for March progressing?

Status
Not open for further replies.