Hi, how are you?

salemschild

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

I used to have many names, but you can call me Salem's Child for the sake of brevity. Plus, I don't even use most of my old names anymore, so yeah.

This year I rebooted both my musical and literary careers. Right now, I don't have much work online I want to share, but that'll change soon. I hope. Need to fight through writer's block first.

When it comes to books and stories, I prefer horror. Lovecraft, Stephen King and Poe are my favourite authors on the genre.

Anyway, I'm godawful at introducing myself, so I guess I'll just stop here. If you want to know anything else, feel free to ask.

See ya!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Hi salemschild, welcome to AW. Good luck on both your music and literary paths. What kind of music do you play?

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a kindred soul when it comes to favorites to read. Loved King's 'Salem's Lot and all his other novels.

I'm writing mysteries, but the genre could change after the current work-in-progress.

:welcome:, Salem (Oregon's capital twenty-some miles north). :greenie

xkara

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, SC! Welcome to AW. I'm new here as well, and I, too, struggle with writer's block. Therefore, I don't have much writing to share. Maybe we both can change that in the future!

salemschild

Registered
Reaction score
The kind of music I make changed over the years, but now I'm back to my roots and making lo-fi folk music.

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I really appreciate it.

averydarkword

Cat lover
Registered
Reaction score
Hi and welcome! I like your name since I loved all the movies and series made about Salem's witches :p.
I'm new here too and if you need anything well, just contact me!

CAQuinn

Registered
Reaction score
hi there salem's child
heck im so old i remember when salem's lot came out and the tv movie with David Soul of Starsky and Hutch
im very new here myself, best wishes...
i think the best way to stop writiers block is to brainstorm a whole bunch of 1 to 2 sentence ideas, about concepts or individual scenes
like two or three pages worth. then clump stuff together from that list and come up with some ideas to explore.

any way
welcom to the board... quite little town of salem's lot.

christoph