Hello, newbie here

beijin

Registered
Reaction score
Hello this is my newbie introduction.

I go by the pen name of Beijinzhi Abhirama ( or on here the name is beijin ).

• What genres do you write? - I will be writing a variety of genres but for now i am not sure how to classify what i have written.

• What do you like to read? it has been over ten years since i have really read anything for pleasure. I spent 8 years doing tech support reading documentation and then another 4 years as a student. Afterwards I started to read finance and self improvement books. But when i did read for pleasure some of my favorite authors were Cive cussler, piers anthony, anne mcafrey and others ( one is A. N. Roquelaure - be very careful on that one )

• How long have you been writing? started trying to write seriously a little over a year ago. I have finished my first novel but it is stuck in betaread.

• Do you beta read? I would be willing to but don't know how to go about it and have a considerable time crunch. I also don't want to be a negative pessimist so until I can learn to be supportive and helpful I have to either put it of for a while or only do betas for very small pieces.

• Do you have any particular hobbies? Are you expert in any particular field or craft? most of my hobbies are computer based but i used to be into miniature wargaming a lot. I also like to design boardgames and card games under another alias/company.

I have been seeing lots of people that love to write and read young adult on the net and I will just say right now, that is definitely not my thing. (no sparkley vampires here please).

I do like interesting well done work, but also sometimes the lighthearted stuff can be just as fun.

Kind Regards,

Beijinzhi.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Salutations beijin, good luck with your novel. Welcome to AW

averydarkword

Cat lover
Registered
Reaction score
Hey!
I'm new here too and I hope we both have a great time! :)
Anything you need you can always contact me.

CAQuinn

Registered
Reaction score
greetings beijin

maybe you could go through the recent newbie posts
there's people who write shorts that you could read if your interested

good luck with everything

christoph