"I resent the fact of the doors." - Ryan Zinke

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
*Story does not involve Jim Morrison.

HOW IS THIS REAL??

It is real; that's an AP story involving a sitting U.S. senator questioning, in front of reporters, cabinet member, Secretary of the Interior, Ryan Zinke, about expenditures in light of his decision to raise entry fees to national parklands.

Sen. Maria Cantwell of Washington asked Zinke if it was a mistake for him to spend $12,375 on a late-night trip in June from Las Vegas to his home state of Montana on a private jet.

“Well, first, insults and innuendos are misleading. I never took a private jet anywhere,” Zinke said, adding that all three flights he had taken on private planes as secretary were on aircraft driven by propellers, not jet engines.

Zinke also referenced a report last week by The Associated Press that the Interior Department is spending nearly $139,000 to upgrade three sets of double doors in his office at the agency’s headquarters.

“I resent the fact of your insults, I resent the fact they’re misleading, I resent the fact of the doors,” Zinke said to Cantwell, the tone of his voice growing sharp. “And I’ll go through line by line. ... To allege that it’s a private jet is inappropriate, ma’am.”...

Records show he also spent more than $53,000 on three helicopter trips last summer, including one that allowed him to return to Washington in time to take a horseback ride with Vice President Mike Pence.

Bolding mine.

These are not insults and innuendos, you massively moronic, pathetic, twit. They're questions you should answer as a public fucking servant.

He didn't take a private jet because it didn't have a jet engine.

He resents the fact of the doors?

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Last edited:

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Yet this man is in a position of great power, in a country whose very foundation was intended to preclude incompetent, uninformed people from holding sway.

I don't know what's going on, but I've been haunted by a suspicion that somehow the universe fractured in late 2016 and we've been riding one of the doomed splinters as it spirals beyond all logic and laws into irredeemable oblivion.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I've said a few times that someone needs to go ask Michael J. Fox about things, because we are stuck in the evil Biff timeline. I'm not really so much kidding.

Biff was actually based on Trump. I feel like Fox might know things. The Delorean was all over the place, with people having access to it back for all those events around BttF day (10-21-2015)... There may be things we don't know that were hiding in plain sight.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
To steal a joke off of Twitter...

ZINKE: I resent the fact of doors.
EVERY RATIONAL PERSON: WTF is he talking about!?
DEPLORABLES: LOL, u triggered libs?
ZINKE: I did not say I resent the fact of doors.
DEPLORABLES: He never said he resents doors!!!
NYT OPINION: Embracing Doors a Risky Proposition For Democrats

I've said a few times that someone needs to go ask Michael J. Fox about things, because we are stuck in the evil Biff timeline. I'm not really so much kidding.

Nobody thinks you're kidding. I always assumed that's what was happening.

Last edited:

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
My personal theory is that for the past few years the Earth has been passing through a nebula of pure PCP. God knows how many light years deep it is.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Hell is reality.

But was there any doubt about that anyway? :tongue

travelgal

Registered
Reaction score
Would he reply like that to a man, I wonder? Is he a sexist, racist pig like Trump? Too bad a gamma ray can't vaporise all these dolts in power (including the one who stated it was the Jews' fault for being exterminated because they were unarmed) leaving the sane world intact. If such a reality exists anymore.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
CAN WE SKIP AHEAD TO THE PART WHERE LISA SIMPSON WINS THE ELECTION AND TAKES OVER?!

The sad fact is that whomever succeeds Trump as POTUS may well be a one-termer, because things will be so messed up by then that no one would be able to fix it in just four years.

Would he reply like that to a man, I wonder? Is he a sexist, racist pig like Trump? Too bad a gamma ray can't vaporise all these dolts in power (including the one who stated it was the Jews' fault for being exterminated because they were unarmed) leaving the sane world intact. If such a reality exists anymore.

But does nature abhor a sanity vacuum? Would more people go around the bend to fill the void that would ensue?

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I resent the fact the doors haven't hit him in the ass on the way out yet.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
My personal theory is that for the past few years the Earth has been passing through a nebula of pure PCP. God knows how many light years deep it is.

So we're basically in that soul-punch acid trip from Dr. Strange? Is this the mirror-verse???