• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

What's the latest lingo for "Damn she has a nice butt!"?

D_Shalayek

Registered
Reaction score
So, yeah. What's the latest, most modern lingo for "Damn she has a nice butt!"?

I'm asking you guys because, somehow, I can't get a good answer to this question by googling it. At the moment, I'm using "Dat ass!" in my manuscript, however, "dat ass" has been around for a little while. And personally, I don't usually hang around a lot of frat boys, I don't listen to the latest pop music, and I've been married for awhile, so I haven't pointed at woman's butt in awe for quite some time. Except my wife's, of course.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Here are some....

All About That Bass? I would not use this (Meagan Trainor).
"Back" (Baby Got Back, Sir Mix-A-Lot).
Trunk (Junk in her trunk).
Booty
Badunkadonk
Money Maker

Odile_Blud

-_-
Registered
Reaction score
A cave. (I power the internet with my imagination)
Nice ass!
Damn! (looks at butt)
Look at dat ass!
Check out dat ass!
I'd like to eat sushi off that ass!
I'd like to smother myself in dem cheeks!

There are also quite a few ways you could just get creative with it as well. ;)

Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
(I don't want this to show up in the feed)
............................................................................................................................

*sighs*

Turd-cutter. Yes. As in, 'Hey check out that lady at the club, she's got a really nice turd-cutter'. Don't ask me where I heard this, but I swear​ it's thing.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
............................................................................................................................

*sighs*

Turd-cutter. Yes. As in, 'Hey check out that lady at the club, she's got a really nice turd-cutter'. Don't ask me where I heard this, but I swear​ it's thing.

Sigh, indeed... What little hope I had for my species just shrunk perceptibly.

To the OP: I'd think of what your character would say, and use that. If you're constantly chasing bleeding-edge-this-minute trends, you're going to be out of date by the time you finish Draft 1, let alone get published.

Harlequin

Eat books, not brains!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sunyidean.com
surely this is dependent on where you live, and how crude and/or clever you are, and a thousand other social factors. where is the novel set? Who is speaking? what are they like?

also their personal tolerance for pain, and their risk assessment of likely retaliation.

Last edited:

Laer Carroll

Aerospace engineer turned writer
Registered
Temp Ban
Reaction score
Website
LaerCarroll.com
To be perfectly politically sensitive ("politically CORRECT" is now politically incorrect) I've also heard women admire a man's butt. As in an admiring "Tight!"

Last edited:

D_Shalayek

Registered
Reaction score
Here are some....

All About That Bass? I would not use this (Meagan Trainor).
"Back" (Baby Got Back, Sir Mix-A-Lot).
Trunk (Junk in her trunk).
Booty
Badunkadonk
Money Maker

I'm starting to think these terms end up being timeless classics. Maybe I'm safe after all.

I say, that is a derriere of the first water!

I...I kind of love this. It even impressed my wife.

Nice ass!
Damn! (looks at butt)
Look at dat ass!
Check out dat ass!
I'd like to eat sushi off that ass!
I'd like to smother myself in dem cheeks!

There are also quite a few ways you could just get creative with it as well. ;)

I may end up getting creative with it. I think it would be nice to do something new.

*sighs*

...no. Laughing my ass off, though!

Sigh, indeed... What little hope I had for my species just shrunk perceptibly.

To the OP: I'd think of what your character would say, and use that. If you're constantly chasing bleeding-edge-this-minute trends, you're going to be out of date by the time you finish Draft 1, let alone get published.

Very good points. I am actually kind of in this predicament because my character is saying "Dat ass!" when it's actually somewhat out of character for him to speak in such a way. It is something my betas pointed out.

surely this is dependent on where you live, and how crude and/or clever you are, and a thousand other social factors. where is the novel set? Who is speaking? what are they like?

also their personal tolerance for pain, and their risk assessment of likely retaliation.

All really good points, as well. Much appreciated.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
To be perfectly politically sensitive ("politically INCORRECT" is now politically incorrect) I've also heard women admire a man's butt. As in an admiring "Tight!"

True, very true. I'll have to ask the slang expert in my household if there are any secret 'men's booty' terms.

But really, this is my 1000th post on AW, so I just wanted to use it in the 'Damn, nice butt' thread. :evil:

blackcat777

Registered
Reaction score
Also, consider how era-sensitive slang may date a novel.

That being said, I once heard someone appoint himself "CEO of that ass."

Urban dictionary might be your friend.

DarienW

Registered
Reaction score
I've heard "I could bounce a quarter off that," but I think that's old. Maybe there's a newer version you could create and make unique.

I will say, rap is pretty strong in influence, so "dat ass" might have some legs.

Best of luck!

:)

shrimpsdad

Registered
Reaction score
i am sure there is a new way to describe the trunk. I'll ask the kids when they get home from school. My son is 16 he'll know.

shrimpsdad

Registered
Reaction score
Mad Men called it a lobster because "she is all tail"
Swingers called it business class because her ass is too big to fly coach.
Kim Kardashian made the big butt a thing of respect and beauty. And why shouldn't it be? My son recently told me he likes a girl who takes a little to get her jeans off. Implying she had a big butt.
If it is out of character to say, "Dat Ass" why not just have him say something timeless like, look at her curves.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This thread is really weird.

Do men think like this all the time? Or women, I guess.

>.>

Lol. No. Yes? Sorta. Not really.

A lot of this is macho braggadoccio (spell checker's not helping me, sorry) mixed with euphemism, often times with the intent of being funny (more often unsuccessfully than successfully). There is a big disconnect between what some guys say in a group of guys versus what he'd say to one trusted friend versus what he would initially think upon noticing eye-catching anatomy.

But to the OP, just about anything slangy right now is going to seem dated very soon. Most of the examples in this thread sound very 90s to me. I agree with the others to use something more classy, or come up with a new one your character is likely to say.

Lielac

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not all that up on the latest lingo, but "damn, she has a nice butt" seems perfectly fine to me for contemporary fiction; "she has a nice ass" is coarser but probably more common. The more important question is what the character would say, I think. You've said "dat ass" isn't in character for him, so what is? How coarse is his language generally? How old is he, what year is the story set?

prue74

Registered
Reaction score
I have it on good authority that the kids are saying, "thick." As in, "Mmm, she is thick."

With that said, don't use it. "Thick" and its siblings probably have a good 5 minutes left before, like "fleek," their freshness expires. Then your character will inadvertently come off like one of those hopeless people who try to "relate" to others by using slightly outdated slang. Just go with something simple and direct that makes sense coming out of your character's mouth.

Yo, because that shiznit would be dope. (See what I mean?)

Hopefully WLCT

Registered
Reaction score
If he's speaking to someone else,how about something on the line " the back view's not bad either" or " I don't mind her walking away,that view's just as good"

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
So, yeah. What's the latest, most modern lingo for "Damn she has a nice butt!"?

"She's so incredibly intelligent and she has a great sense of humour."