The "How Well do YOU Know Your World?" game!

Religion0

Cantina's Official Doggy Poster
Registered
Reaction score
On that sandy little pile of darkness and seaweed
Is the weather controllable by the inhabitants of your world ?
Yes and no. The three races were created by what amounts to elementals, and unsurprisingly the elementals are drawn to and favour the race they created, so sailors sew feathers from the air race in their sails (which attracts wind elementals and keeps them full) and keep scales from the water race in their water ballast (keeps the worst of choppy waters at bay). Rain can be herded, but only very, very rarely.

​What is the/a national dish?

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
On a island called Mem, the national dish is a juicy fruit cup. The fruit cup contains fruit native to Mem, like red pineapple ( a mix between a strawberry and a pineapple) and Nerries, a type of cherry with a edible, nutty pit.

What colors are a flag in your world. What's the design on it?

Justobuddies

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Registered
Reaction score

Flags are really only used in the human military as a form of communication. Their shapes, colors, and symbols all vary depending on which type of unit it represents as well as what orders are being given. Flags as a form of national identity have not yet been used and heraldry is unimportant since the human government is largely a true representative democracy (no voting, representatives are chosen by lottery).

The only other race that use flags are the Skreli, who identify in clans. Each clan has it's own tartan which is worn as bits of clothing or on armor, and some of the fabric will be flown on a spear as a rallying point for the clan. Skreli are deeply territorial so they will also mark out bits of their turf with small banners of their tartan. The quick way to describe the Skreli people would be as Minotaur Scotsmen.

Does your world have any features that would be uncommon on Terra Firma?

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score

Just for funsies, had this sitting on my hard drive and probably never will do anything with it. The flag of the Sovereign Monarchy of Mont Solitaire, located in the trailing Neptune Trojans. Population of one.

1ZDGXoRm.png

Northborn Swordsman

Somehow still standing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
northbornsword.blog
Does your world have any features that would be uncommon on Terra Firma?

There are a few! The two easiest examples are Anseth's Crystalline Conclave and the Vine Sea of Tresamer.

The Conclave is, as you'd imagine from the name, crystalline. More accurately, it's an enormous range of crystal formations extending dozens of miles, and so old that many Ansethi civilizations carved fortresses, cities and temples into its walls. It's predominantly made from quartz, malachite, carnelian, moonstone, and similarly common crystals. The Conclave predates the Loar War, and was considered ancient even before the lost Age of Splendors. So far, no scholars have settled on a theory for its creation. The favorite guesses are that it represents the final stroke of a conflict between the Cannoan Pantheon and some now-forgotten gods, or that it's a leftover from some incomprehensible seismic event during Canno's earliest days.

Wherever the Conclave comes from, it's located roughly in the center of Anseth, and all the continent's peoples use it for a meeting place. Fissures throughout the Conclave vent hot fog to the skies, which has filled over the ages with powderized crystals. A huge breed of airborne reptile, the Mokkasha, have developed air-bladders and cuttlefish-like fins they use to surf this fog. Despite their size, the Mokkasha weigh relatively little, and only produce enough lift to carry two or three average humans. They're quite happy to do this, however, since food is normally scarce in the Conclave and humans always seem to have extra lying around.

Aside from the Mokkasha, the Conclave has a number of plants which thrive in the mineral-rich freshwater crevices and canyons at the crystal-formations' bases, and an impressively health insect population on which the Mokkasha feed when they can't beg red meat from obliging humans. The Conclave Wardens live at wide points in these crevices, and venture out to maintain the more significant or beautiful ruins.

And then, as is always the case with my writing, there's the creepy thing: the Vine Sea.

The Vine Sea has exactly one commonality with the Conclave, which is that no one has any idea where it came from. Otherwise, it's a mass of "vines" thicker than all but the largest trees, dozens or hundreds of feet deep and coiling endlessly. The Sea blocks most of Tresamer's Southern border, forcing ground-bound visitors to negotiate dense coniferous forests to the Northeast or journey far around the Vines to the Southwest if they don't want to travel through the Gouges. You could try to cross over the Vines directly, but unless you were a mage that wouldn't be wise. The sheer mass of the Vines and the tautness of their coils means they effortlessly crush any smaller matter caught between them. A single misstep is all it takes.

Making matters worse, the vines often become caught on each other and strain until bursting like enormous chlorophyllic cables. Over the years, they've developed a "skin" of detritus, goods, weapons, armor, trinkets, and ample corpses from those who somehow or other ran afoul of them. The dregs of Tresar society often wind up as Vine-Skimmers, running for hours back and forth across the Vines to snag the few choice relics they find. Otherwise, no one really benefits from the Vines. The Tresar's Wise Women of the Hearths, who don't get out much and aren't always proactive about responding to new research, have declared the Vines a gift from the Tresar's ancestors and forbidden any attempt to clear them.

Thieves, brigands, pirates and ne'er-do-wells--most worlds have them! What distinguishes your world's renegades, or if you don't have them, is there a story behind that? If not, what's the closest to a conventional blackguard?

DesertBioPunk

Registered
Reaction score
Spell seekers are the world foremost and interesting rogues.

The Argent Tower (along with just about every wizard tower) held strict views that all wizards must be sanctioned by Towers themselves and that anyone practicing magic outside of the tower were to be hunted down. They also kept strict control of knowledge of magic to within their own hall in attempt to restrict outside use of magic. This resulted in groups of people outside the tower seeking magical tomes and devices wherever they could before the Tower could seize them. Many of these people would use any means necessary: theft, blackmail, murder, or even blackmarket trade. Though not all magic users outside of the Towers used these clandestine methods, anyone unsanctioned by the Tower became known as a Spell Seeker.

Many Spell Seekers would offer their services for a fee and they became associated with mercenary wizards. The association became even more pronounced during the Sorceress War when the Argent Tower themselves hired on Spell Seekers to supplement their own forces or carry out black ops. Over time the term broadened further to eventual cover anyone who used magic in a mercenary fashion.

Many Spell Seeker guilds, mock versions of Tower wizard guilds, popped up everywhere. They provide a place to hide out, restock on resources, and find work. Though officially condemned by both the government and the Tower, they are frequently sought when problems need unique skills, or the employer wishes to maintain a distance from the operation.

What are the methods people use to wash themselves in your world?

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
My people, in my fantasy, use lava to heat up their water. They have modern showers and baths.

Is anything unique feature about the sky in your world?

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Yes! I have a major location with floating islands interconnected by rope bridges.

What spell or potion, did you create, are you most proud of?

Alternate Question:

What is a way your antagonist victimizes people in your world?

Last edited:

Jennie

Registered
Reaction score
One of the antagonists, who governs a prison, puts a drug in the water that the prisoners drink. Once they finish their term, they are addicted and can't leave even if they want to.

What is the creation myth in your story?

OldHat63

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Lost in the woods of TN and prefer it that way
What is the creation myth in your story?

Every religion currently in existence here on earth is a creation myth in this world.
The truth is that this reality was created by 3 individuals, as a sort of Theseus or final project before graduation. Only nobody knows it anymore. The information was lost billions of years before.
Edit: this is not completely true. There are still small groups that have an awareness of what happened, but their information has gotten altered over the centuries and isn't completely accurate.

The problem is, these three did too good of a job, now the teachers/instructors wanna clean it out and use it for their own purposes....
( "clean it out" meaning get rid of or enslave all intelligent life. Starting with the 3 creators.)

What is the most useful method of transportation in your story?

Last edited:

Robots

In the future where will I be ?
Registered
Reaction score
Instant teleportation.

Can people die from diseases in your world ?

Justobuddies

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Registered
Reaction score
Can people die from diseases in your world ?

Yes, humans are especially prone to disease, and any version of their plagues that mutate to infect other races are especially dangerous. The human flu that raced through the Dwarven clans iin cycle 370 was especially devastating to the Dwarves. Most of the humans recovered after a few days, however.

Does your world have any forms of instant or near instant long distance communication?

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Yes, in my si-fi with aliens, they use blinkboxes. Blinkboxes are cubes that work like a phone. You can text or call, but you can't connect to the internet (or the outernet, because that is what aliens use as a substitute for the internet).

What is the biggest source of energy in your world? Coal? Solar power? Star dust? Man-power? Etc.

OldHat63

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
What is the biggest source of energy in your world? Coal? Solar power? Star dust? Man-power? Etc.

Here on earth, the same things we use right now.
Elsewhere in the universe, 3 specific elements. 2 of those either attract the third, or repel it, respectively. if the two are set up correctly, they will act as a stator, as in an electric motor, with the 3rd element being mounted on the armature. Once the armature starts turning, it causes power to build up in the stator, and that in turn causes the armature to turn faster. And the faster it goes, the more power is generated in the stator, which in turn increases the speed of the armature. If this reaction is not controlled by siphoning power off of the stator, the whole thing eventually turns into a bomb, once a critical and uncontrollable velocity is reached.
So this device is effectively a perpetual energy generator. But only so long as it's output is being used and it isn't pushed beyond a certain limit. Draw too much power off of it, and it burns out and quits working. Keeping the thing working properly is a balancing act requiring quite a network of monitors and computers.

( If you're thinking this is nothing more than an self-powering electric motor/generator with a complicated - and hazardous - twist... you're right. ;) )

Does your world use magic, and if so, is it outside of the known laws of physics, or simple an unknown or forgotten "other side" of the known laws or rules? And what percentage of the population is aware of this fact and can use or manipulate it?

Last edited:

Vida Paradox

Code Surfer
Registered
Reaction score
Does your world use magic, and if so, is it outside of the known laws of physics, or simple an unknown or forgotten "other side" of the known laws or rules? And what percentage of the population is aware of this fact and can use or manipulate it?

Magic in my universe is simply another type of energy that can be drawn from one's life force or nature. Its true nature is quite mysterious but this type of energy can be transformed into kinetic, heat, electric, and exist as a potential energy in physics calculation and formula.

Kids study magic in school so I guess at least 99% of the population knows about it. Anything that's alive can use magic, except for those who has some sort of genetic defects. Even then, there are tons of Magitech Devices that can help those with disability to use magic.

Other uses of magic that violates the laws of physic is strictly prohibited.

What's the single most important event that has ever happened in your world?
Example: WW2 in our world

Last edited:

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
What's the single most important event that has ever happened in your world?
Example: WW2 in our world

For Papillon: Though the effects of it in the world haven't yet been fully realized (given that it's only been five years, and only one year of alliance), the Outsider Conflict and subsequent Outsider Treaty would be the most important events. It was humankind's discovery of other dimensions and of magic, and an agreement with the magical beings of another world to discover ways that they may help humankind advance just as humankind will share their knowledge and wisdom with the Outsiders.

For Reflection: The fall of Avaril, thousands of years in the past. Some believe it was a neighbouring country that unleashed a plague or poison upon the city, or it was a demon's wrath, or it was the wrath of the Goddesses for some sin, but when a terrible illness killed over 90% of the city's people, the end of Avaril ultimately was the first stroke in the eventual end of the Age of Prosperity and the dissolution of what is known in the present as the Great Countries of the Goddesses. (And there's certainly more to the story that few know...)

For Maiden of the Lance: The Goddess Accord, a result of the Goddess herself being flat-out sick and tired of the constant warring and bloodshed in Einar. After the Goddess Accord, war was forbidden, with a form of trial-by-champion involving women chosen by the Goddess taking its place where disputes could not be settled with diplomacy. As a result, the thousand years since the Accord has seen massive scientific and technological advancement in Einar, due to the lack of war and no need of weaponry or military technology.

What commonly-held truth about the universe (about the supernatural, gods, technology, physics, etc.) is in fact completely wrong?

Vida Paradox

Code Surfer
Registered
Reaction score
How much respect do your world's inhabitants have for history? Do they learn from the past or, like so many of us on Earth, doom themselves to repeat it?

Basically there are deities ruling over some region of my world. They're old enough to witness all history and most will do everything in their power to stop history from repeating.
(Note that I say 'most', some just wanted to see the world burn.)

As for the mortals and the usual inhabitants, well, they learn about history at school. Kinda like humans in our world.

If a regular, everyday inhabitants of your world ever come face to face with your regular, everyday inhabitants of our world (human). What will happen?
(Regular inhabitant, not a main or side character)

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
If one of my supernatural species meet a human the human probably wouldn't notice, unless they were looking. In my world the supernatural have two forms, humanoid and animal. The humanoid look a little different from regular humans. these differences range from just a birthmark that glows in the moonlight to teeth made of diamonds and a coyote tail.

What does "no-man's land" look like? a desert full of giant rattlesnakes? A snowy, lonely planet?

OldHat63

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
What does "no-man's land" look like? a desert full of giant rattlesnakes? A snowy, lonely planet?

It looks like nothing at all. It's a void... a space between one reality and another. There's a barrier at the far side now, but it wasn't always so.
It was placed there by by one of the few beings/entities that live in the void, in floating pocket realities, once they were freed from certain constraints.
This place is one where no one can take any action against anyone there, and very limited action against anyone or thing on either side of it.
Thanks to the barrier, those on the other side of it are now extremely limited in what they can do on the far side of the void, since they can't cross or reach over it any longer.
They can send others though. But only those willing, and willing to risk the crossing as well. Not many survive to see the far side. And even fewer survive what they find once across.

Will your story end? Or will it continue on forever? If it ends, will it be just that, a finality, or the beginning of something else?

Last edited:

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
I would like to imagine my story and world will last forever. That's why I write for a hobby because I don't want to see my story end. That's why I always daydream about it.

Is there anything special about the ocean in your world?

Vida Paradox

Code Surfer
Registered
Reaction score
I would like to imagine my story and world will last forever. That's why I write for a hobby because I don't want to see my story end. That's why I always daydream about it.

Is there anything special about the ocean in your world?

There's a Kingdom in the bottom of the sea. They also offer one of the fanciest and expensive vacation spot out there. There's also a band called the Radical Lobster performing all across the oceans and continent beach. Some parts of the ocean is a universal emergency landing area since most airplanes accident will be quickly saved by the patrolling citizens of the deep and water elementals.

Who will be in charge if an alien or a creature from another world show up in your world?

Last edited:

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
My world already has a creature from another world living among them at the end. Or at least they recognize him at the end. The creature doesn't care much about the government, so everything is just the way it started out-- with the humans ruling.

What does night look like in your world?

OldHat63

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
"Who will be in charge if an alien or a creature from another world show up in your world?"

Be a bit more specific, please.

In charge of what, exactly?
Sending the aliens? Getting rid of 'em? Sending people out to talk to them?

Oh, and by the way, Vida, this is what Lilith looks like, when she's not wearing her "work clothes", and is showing off her wings and tail:

VOUuIWvtq3nIAwJRWjKFNhX57CEX6VgKsFLetp12zMWnPFB5dmJWFrvtvfdV-n1IYtvGbcES6Q-g0grGRZFpgn8GgwrESrU1bMVR6KfaQgu2ZNbeqYWsRuX02JMaIqVWYBwARZ5a1v-uGE_gJ1U2HHftgQJXHZW1g-qYE7tAPoAoGhFJS-20T-YMzkzucft4PTXkMsvancDrfu1FzTufqyb5M7o-_zEJoSA5eSENla_J067TFIN4_cA2NTG1Vi4sZ0ZrZEfPfzh19ZnC6WDx85O5aPhZLR0DPKcTqsg3X1Nu1QXFFu3a87K5O_oKB2wYQhHnM42u0N2I3Tc-XTu22IhTlk6AXakgCjktf7Q3Y5BOecSMODRhHBLyM-bPlp6BoKlzDhxbEGPtURxrzh44eMuYe5aM9HY1eKrg6X5ZekkHLZAgilgykHdyBZea0Sl3B_0J7Sg445q-0rUmAcf8EN1y2hPfgv7WBipb1tMl5xMZCKqw4XufXCZWAD_6MCDLRYrpJ5Hv6lObrdcUDgFXPpgN36aMVEDdkY5mqkIMlO5BRL-ij_BWSR4TMO5-SnqveQNcqMGGah3ITzkoczfcp_dMRHiCq2B_eLWQkHs4SOwUKUZ_O0F5-CBfZkYjYg=w375-h495-no

I added the bikini "after the fact" digitally, so no one would have a conniption at the sight of nipples.
( People are so weird sometimes. )

Last edited:

Vida Paradox

Code Surfer
Registered
Reaction score
"Who will be in charge if an alien or a creature from another world show up in your world?"

Be a bit more specific, please.

In charge of what, exactly?
Sending the aliens? Getting rid of 'em? Sending people out to talk to them?

Well, all of them really. Just explain who will first respond at the first sight or encounter with aliens or other worldry creature. Is it the Government? MiB? Torchwood?