First ever book reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Inordinately proud of myself. Did my first ever book reading for #InternationalWomensDay at my local library.

May not be a big deal to some, but I’m a very shy person and public speaking usually means tears or hysterical giggles – or, on one memorable occasion, both! (I was 12 at the time.)

No such problems this time. I even sold 5 books - all I had with me.:banana:

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! That will teach you to bring more books next time. :D

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
So happy for you! I struggle with fear as well--maybe all of us do. And every time we don't wimp out on ourselves, we get stronger, more capable.

Glad to see you spreading the word. Be confident about your book's worth. I'm actually a tough room, and I enjoyed it.

Also, I just retweeted your pinned post, but consider tweeting about the book reading. I'd retweet those, too, and you never know. It might help some folks do the same thing. Just a thought. :)

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So happy for you! I struggle with fear as well--maybe all of us do. And every time we don't wimp out on ourselves, we get stronger, more capable.

Glad to see you spreading the word. Be confident about your book's worth. I'm actually a tough room, and I enjoyed it.

Also, I just retweeted your pinned post, but consider tweeting about the book reading. I'd retweet those, too, and you never know. It might help some folks do the same thing. Just a thought. :)

Thanks for the retweet, Cathleen.:Hug2:

I did tweet about my book reading, but it was further down my page - what is it they say about yesterday's news? lol

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Well, shoot. Found that one and RTed it, too. :)

But I really meant about doing it through the fear. Unless I missed that one, too. (Entirely possible.) "Yesterday's news" is probably more apropos for Twitter than anywhere else.

But in any case, congrats on the reading and sales. I love to see you succeeding. :)

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
YAY!!! That took a lot of guts! I couldn't do it. haha. Had a signing and was freaking out at that. This is so wonderful that you got a chance to do this and sell 5 books!!! That's amazing!!!! You go girl!!!!!:hooray::hooray::hooray:

CameronJohnston

Great Old One
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cameronjohnston.net
Well done! Public reading would have been an utter nightmare for me when I was a bit younger but now I'm hoping it will come easier when I have to do it. Glad that yours went well and it will only get easier when you are doing more in future :)

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But in any case, congrats on the reading and sales. I love to see you succeeding. :)

Thanks, Cathleen. I love the way writers are so supportive of each other.:Hug2:

Congratulations muse! :hooray:

Thanks, Zan75

YAY!!! That took a lot of guts! I couldn't do it. haha. Had a signing and was freaking out at that. This is so wonderful that you got a chance to do this and sell 5 books!!! That's amazing!!!! You go girl!!!!!:hooray::hooray::hooray:

I wonder will it ever get any easier? Book signings sound scary. I was glad to have a few other ladies with me at the reading - made it a lot easier.

Well done! Public reading would have been an utter nightmare for me when I was a bit younger but now I'm hoping it will come easier when I have to do it. Glad that yours went well and it will only get easier when you are doing more in future :)

You'll never know till you try it, Cameron. :greenie.

Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Good work!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Thanks, Siri. :Hug2:

Status
Not open for further replies.