• Read this: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?288931-Guidelines-for-Participation-in-Outwitting-Writer-s-Block

before you post.

I have three scenes to write and I'm done with my book

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerburgers

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
and I can't for the life of me figure out what should happen in those three scenes :(

morngnstar

Registered
Reaction score
Putting on my armchair psychiatrist's hat: do you possibly have fear of success? If you finish, then you have to face submission and rejection. Or if the process of writing is fulfilling for you, maybe you are afraid of the void: you're not sure you have another project worth starting and wonder what you will do with yourself.

Either way, face your fear and go forward.

flowerburgers

Registered
Reaction score
They come at the end of the last story! It's a collection that ends with a novella, and I've been layering flashbacks and flash-forwards in that piece, but the original route I took isn't going to work...so I'm trying to figure out what would best complement the story's narrative present. I have several ideas, no clue which is best. I did get quite a bit of writing done today, but I'm unconvinced that what I've done is going to work.

flowerburgers

Registered
Reaction score
All right, I finished the scenes! I still don't think the book is done. I'm giving it to my thesis committee on Wednesday so hopefully they can help!

S.I. Mansson

Registered
Reaction score
Good work! Remember to give yourself credit every once in a while! You wrote a damn book! That is hard and impressive, even if you feel it's not perfect!

And the book is very rarely done. It is the way the book works. :e2headban

KayMitch

Registered
Reaction score
I think those last scenes were probably the hardest for me to write. I knew where I was going, but writing them was so draining because I was so excited to be officially done.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm very picky about my endings. They are, for me, like the conclusion of an essay. I have to bring it all together, in a final sweep (usually of emotion and meaning), or I will NOT be satisfied. It's difficult and each piece brings something new to the palate.

Write through it. Edit carefully.

Sayin Quota

Registered
Reaction score
Endings are always the easiest for me, beginnings are the hardest. I wrote the ending of my book several months prior to finishing it. In fact, I wrote the ending to my entire timeline a few weeks ago. But still struggling to get past the first few chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.