Notified of Replies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tharris

Registered
Reaction score
Is there anyway to be notified when someone replies or quote-replies to a post you've made? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find that option. (It's probably staring at me right in the face and I just don't see it).

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a way low-tech person, but what I do is subscribe to a thread in which I care what other people have to say in response to my post. That way there's a notice when you arrive at AW and go to Settings, telling you a subscribed thread has a new message.

Most threads die down and there's no need to unsubscribe because they're inactive. Ones that go on long after my interest has waned, I unsubscribe.

How do I subscribe, you ask? At the top of the thread's first post, Thread Tools has a dropdown menu that includes Subscribe to Thread.

Maryn, who figured some stuff out

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! Duh. I should have read this. It doesn't look like there's a way to only be notified if someone replies to your own post? If not, that's okay. I guess I should turn on auto-subscribe with daily summary reports.

Please only subscribe to the threads you're seriously interested in following. We have to pay for emails sent by the server, and with a large membership, it gets not only expensive, it's a burden on the server.

tharris

Registered
Reaction score
Please only subscribe to the threads you're seriously interested in following. We have to pay for emails sent by the server, and with a large membership, it gets not only expensive, it's a burden on the server.

Yeah, I read that in one of the FAQs after I posted that. I just do control panel notifications (only have email for my single SYW thread). I’m getting the hang. :tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.