What Are You Writing?

Karasue

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm still fairly new but I didn't see a thread like this in the first couple pages and figured why not post one.

I'm interested to hear what about everyone's WIP so we can continue to cheer each other on! What made you passionate about the story and why do you love it? I hope this will be a good place where fellow romance writers can encourage each other on their projects and say, "That sounds like something I would read!"

I'll go first. My novel, currently titled "Requesting a Hero." It's about a Ancient Greek Hero who is cursed by a goddess and must rely on a modern day woman to help him get his revenge. I'm writing it because I love Greek Mythology and I love the troupe of "Ancient Warrior loves Modern Woman." Yeah, Scottish Highlanders are cool but Greek Heroes were the original badasses!

Now it is your turn! Can't wait to hear about your stories!

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
That sounds fun, Karasue. Are you SPing or going the query route?

I'm in the final writing stages of my contemp super-steamy set partially at Whistler and partially in Vancouver. MMC is a sort-of-accidental tech millionaire who is now more of a philanthropist and an aspiring ski racer. FMC does the non-science work at her father's small biotech lab. MMC is an investor in a different lab, and both labs are vying for a large grant, so their relationship has the whiff of "appearance of impropriety". Also they ski, lol.

I have to give a think about making this sound more interesting. :ROFL:

Jan74

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mine is about two sisters and two brothers plus a highschool sweetheart thrown in. Younger sister abruptly quits university and goes home. Home is a tiny town in Minnesota. Older sister decides to go home and check up on younger sister because their parents are in Europe for 6 months retired and travelling visiting family etc. Older sister decides to leave NYC for good and end her abusive relationship with the younger brother. She returns to Minnesota to a devastated younger sister who left school because she was scared somebody was stalking her. The older sister ends up reconnecting with her highschool sweetheart because he is her bff brother and of course their paths cross. Younger sister ends up kidnapped and a discovery is made about the older brother.

I'm at a standstill right now because I think instead of having my female leads being active and pushing the momentum of the story they are reacting and waiting....and I don't want that. So now I need to tweak the action and get the women doing instead of waiting.

Jurné Ends

Registered
Reaction score
My WIP is a sci-fi futuristic romance-y story. I have several different stories plotted in this universe (don't know if I will be able to publish them all lol). The story deals with tech, alternate universe, time travel, and sentience. I think I am drawn to it from my love of sci-fi and fantasy. It initially started off from a contemporary storyline and kind of morphed. The romanced trope that take up most of my headspace and scenes belong to my main couple in my novels -they have an older woman/younger male; apprentice/teacher; best friend type of relationship. They have a really weird relationship with so many quirks when I write a scene with them, I'm often surprised by the outcome. I would say, I'm still in the beginning stages with the story despite writing it for several years because I've revised it so much its totally different from my outlines.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Got two in the pipeline to work on. The first is a contemporary MM about a comic book artist who uses his boyfriend as the model for his superhero character ... without the boyfriend's knowledge. I grew up reading comic books and love the current crop of superhero movies. And since the "rules" of writing say, "Write what you know" ...

The other is a possible series that spun off from a couple of books I wrote a few years ago. Backstory: in the 1800s vampires attempted to invade Texas, but were turned back by one determined frontier clan. Now the vamps are at it again, and the descendants of the human defenders come together once more to protect the Lone Star State. It's kind of Supernatural meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer meets A Fistful of Dollars meets Louis L'Amour's Sackett family, with menage romance on top. Maybe some regular MF here and there for variety. And a pack of werecoyotes. And vampire horses. I just can't shake my paranormal/SFF background.

Lex181

Registered
Reaction score
I'm working on an erotic romance novel with two characters whom I adore because they're not entirely likeable. I love writing and reading romance's where the characters are flawed because it makes them more relatable and it gives them something to overcome. I'm about halfway through writing at the moment but have put it on pause so I could go back to the beginning and edit, I was starting to literally 'lose the plot' and I find that I make things worse for myself if I try to trudge on instead of reversing and trying to figure out where I've gone wrong.
My MMC owns the largest hotel chain in the world, he's savvy, ruthless, selfish and egotistical. My MC is an aspiring garden designer and is working on the grounds at his new hotel in rural England. She's stubborn, proud and has a hell of a temper! But she's compassionate and loyal too.
This is maybe my fourth attempt at writing a novel - I often lose it about half way through - so I'm trying not to lose faith in myself!
I'm completely new here by the way and so far everyone seems really nice:)