Status
Not open for further replies.

She_wulf

that's me
Registered
Reaction score
Website
CaliaWilde.com
[x] 1. Decide whether to participate in April Camp - DONE. :)
[ ] 2. Finish Iceman story (about 8K left) 3/21 +1k words today another twisted dialog - had to go to Walking Dead Negan quotes to get properly out of "nice" head space and into twisted mode, 3/19 = 2500 words this weekend. Wrote a really twisted character dialog today.
[ ] 3. Pick up Average Jones (WiP @ 22k currently) and write 5K before the end of April
[ ] 4. Post 4 blog updates << I really need to get one done. Stupid Twitter!
[X] 5. Read at least one book
[X] 6. Sign in to AbsoluteWrite forums at least once a week. :) 3 weeks down
(added) [ ] Join online critique group (not AW, I do that here at times, but this one is in my genre)

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

arikdiver

Making magic with words
Registered
Reaction score
Weekend update:

[X] Read 2 books
[ ] Edit 5 chapters - 4 done
[ ] Write 2 blog posts - 1 done

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Time for an update. I did better than I anticipated this week. I'm almost half finished the last colour block for the final strip of my blanket. Then it's just a narrow border for top and bottom and it's done. I doubt I'll get it completed by the end of the month, but it won't be far off it. Planning and plotting for my camp project is going slowly, but at least there's forward progress. I won't get too anxious about it until the last week of the month. I won't even attempt to try on my jeans until the end of the month, but it's feeling like there's progress in that area too. So, overall, a pretty good week, even though I haven't been able to tick anything as being done.

[ ] Write historical fantasy first draft – shelved – needs a rethink
[ ] Read two books 1/2
[ ] Finish knitted blanket (weather permitting) – making excellent progress!
[ ] Lose enough weight that my jeans are no longer too tight (I don’t own a set of scales)
[ ] Make dinner at least once a week 2/4
[ ] Finish outline for Camp project – started

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
[1.6/5] Lose five pounds.
[2/15] 15 days of Yoga with Adriene

[3] Read 5 books
x An Accident of Stars
Anatomy of a Story
x Legend of Korra
Inside of a Dog
Shattered Minds
x ​The Jewel and her Lapidary

Divide v5 Drafting
[ ] Theo file add-in
[ ] V4 add-in
[ ] V3 add-in

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
I'm starting to think the give-away pile will be on this list all year.

Anyway! I'm close to finishing the story and edit, but not quite there, and I think I'm about 3/4 through One Hundred Years of Solitude. Those three should be done before the end of the month as long as I don't get distracted :)

[ ] Give away the give-away pile
[X] Read Dying on Second for the AW Reading Challenge
[-] Read One Hundred Years of Solitude for book club
[-] Write first draft of short story for next Alphabet Anthology
[-] Finish edit on novella
[X] Decide what I'm working on for Camp
[X] Edit every day: Week 9 (March portion)
[X] Edit every day: Week 10
[X] Edit every day: Week 11
[ ] Edit every day: Week 12
[ ] Edit every day: Week 13

Dreamsage

Registered
Reaction score
There is a huge "N" for "noob" on my forehead. I've been waiting for days in the last month's thread, wondering where everyone was :ROFL:
Does the camp take place every few months? My life is a mess right now, but I'd like to participate next time.

Last month's goals:
[X] To flesh out the basic characters of my comic. To make them come to life, instead of just being there for the story.
[X] To re-write the introductory chapter of the comic.
[X] To keep writing regularly - every 3 days at least.
[] To upload all of my artwork in Deviantart. (I managed over half of it, at least)
[] Make a professional portfolio site.(I've tried several, completed none :( )

I'm really happy with my progress on the first one. I've never made a background as detailed and structured before. I didn't even dare to believe I could, before. Level up!
... But the planning of my professional life is still a mess. I should really stop being a disappointment to my parents one of these days!

--------------------------

Ok, updating my goals:

For this week
[] Find an interesting internship
[] If said internship is in my country, also decide on a bachelor thesis and prepare a presentation for my teachers

For this month
[] Either make a complete professional portfolio, or upload the rest of my art in Deviantart
[] Keep writing regularly - every 4 days at least
[] Goals for my comic: re-write the 2nd chapter, also aim to convey better the characters' inner world through the dialogue/behavior
[] Create at least one complete piece of artwork till the next month
[] Connect more with the world around me (I'm spending the last months mostly locked up in my room :tongue )
[] Read all the three books I've borrowed from the library: (1) Script writing, (2) Typography and color, (3) V for Vendetta

Hmm... These are a lot to manage, but sleep is for the weak. :tongue

Last edited:

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There is a huge "N" for "noob" on my forehead. I've been waiting for days in the last month's thread, wondering where everyone was :ROFL:
Does the camp take place every few months? My life is a mess right now, but I'd like to participate next time.

Last month's goals:
[X] To flesh out the basic characters of my comic. To make them come to life, instead of just being there for the story.
[X] To re-write the introductory chapter of the comic.
[X] To keep writing regularly - every 3 days at least.
[] To upload all of my artwork in Deviantart. (I managed over half of it, at least)
[] Make a professional portfolio site.(I've tried several, completed none :( )

I'm really happy with my progress on the first one. I've never made a background as detailed and structured before. I didn't even dare to believe I could, before. Level up!
... But the planning of my professional life is still a mess. I should really stop being a disappointment to my parents one of these days!

--------------------------

Ok, updating my goals:

For this week
[] Find an interesting internship
[] If said internship is in my country, also decide on a bachelor thesis and prepare a presentation for my teachers

For this month
[] Either make a complete professional portfolio, or upload the rest of my art in Deviantart
[] Keep writing regularly - every 4 days at least
[] Goals for my comic: re-write the 2nd chapter, also aim to convey better the characters' inner world through the dialogue/behavior
[] Create at least one complete piece of artwork till the next month
[] Connect more with the world around me (I'm spending the last months mostly locked up in my room :tongue )
[] Read all the three books I've borrowed from the library: (1) Script writing, (2) Typography and color, (3) V for Vendetta

It's never too late to get those goals established, Dreamsage! (And I'm glad you sorted out that this is a monthly thread.)

Camp is twice yearly, in April and in July. If you're too busy to participate next month, July isn't far away. And of course, there's always regular NaNoWriMo, in November.

Last edited:

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
I seem to be making a habit of updating on Wednesdays. Makes sense, since those are supposed to be my dedicated writing days. I took breaks from the writing today to read my lovely secret solstice stories today, and they were awesome.

I have now read the first three in the Daine series and am up to the last (the name of which is escaping me right now and the book is a whole two rooms away so :p). Short books, but still totally count. That technically wins that goal, but I'm not exactly going to stop reading :)

Did a whole bunch of words on E. (bit over 3000) today and could have easily done more, but decided to finish my day with some game and transcription instead. This way I still have E. to write during my lunch break the rest of the week before I have to decide what to work on next. (I did about 1000 words on game too, which means I've got a pretty blue square on my spreadsheet for the first time this year. I am easily satisfied.)

M. is taunting me.

1. Read five books. 5/5
2. Continue transcription. Little bit more.
3. Edit/Finish Secret Solstice story. Yes!
3a. Edit/Finish second Secret Solstice story. I'm sure it'll need going over again later, but yes.
4. Finish E. (novel WIP). Getting there.
5. Continue game planning. Yes!
6. Edit M. (Book 1) Nope.
7. Min 500 words or 2 pages edited per day (with one dedicated writing day per week). Yes.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Update whenever it suits you, Tamlyn. No rules here. I update on Saturdays just because that makes the most sense for me.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
I update when I've made progress on something. Like today. ;)

Update:

[x] Begin revision on secret project 37 pages in
[] Write 5k or more on Oubliette 3,195 words so far! Getting there!

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I had a much better week than the two preceding, and am feeling much less stressed and more positive as a result. The Great Big Ball that refused to come down finally descended, and that gave me a big surge of energy. I finished my Sekrit Soltice story with a day to spare, and the end result wasn't half bad. I'm going to let it percolate for a couple of months, then revise it and start submitting. I also finished my production materials for Book 4 in my fantasy series, so that ball is in my publisher's court now. I expect to have edits, a cover and a book trailer to approve next month.

I accomplished my exercise goal this week (a long walk and two sessions on my Wii Fit), but the weight remains the same. I finished reading A GENTLEMAN IN MOSCOW and completed HUMANS OF NEW YORK as well.

For those still thinking about April Camp: The AW cabin has about a half-dozen slots still available, so if you want in, make sure you've created your Camp project and then PM me with your camp name (or you can respond on the Cabin thread here.

[x] 1. Decide whether to participate in April Camp - DONE. I'm in!
[x] 2. Finish Sekrit Solstice story DONE
[ ] 3. Start fresh on WIP (Book 5 of fantasy series) - 0 of 10,000 words
[x] 4. Write blurb and other pre-publication stuff for Book 4 DONE
[x] 5. Read two books - 4 of 2 DONE
[ ] 6. Exercise (any kind) three times a week; 30 minutes at a time - Wk 1 - 2 of 3; Wk 2 - 1 of 3, Wk 3 - 3 of 3
[ ] 7. Lose five pounds - 2 of 5

Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
[:(] Write at least 20k this month.

Nope, this month is a total wash. Nothing got accomplished.

Well, kinda. But hey, I got to go on vacation. Haven't had a real one in two years. We visited the Eastern Sierras, on the border between California and Nevada. The whole region is amazing, a harsh, beautiful, and eerily desolate landscape. I got a few good glimpses at Mt. Whitney and spent some times in the Alabama Hills (where they filmed Gunga Dun, as the local tourism board will not let you forget). Also got rained in, and spent much more time online than I should/would have wanted.

But I got to visit Patriach Grove, 10,000 feet and 24 miles up in the mountains, where the oldest trees in the world are. Absolutely astonishing, magical place, we didn't get much hiking done but just spending time there was the experience of a lifetime.

I took pictures. Mostly of a handsome black dog standing in an ancient forest, some selfies, and a few odds and ends with scenic natural vistas and panoramic expanses.

Anyways, back to city life and it's discontents. But excited about camp and the opportunity to start on a new project (which I am keeping mum about ATM).

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Update:

[x] Begin revision on secret project 55 pages in
[x] Write 5k or more on Oubliette 5,979 words! Made my goal and hit 60k!

Last edited:

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Update:

[x] Begin revision on secret project 37 pages in
[x] Write 5k or more on Oubliette 5,979 words! Made my goal and hit 60k!

Congratulations! You hit your monthly goals with room to spare!

arikdiver

Making magic with words
Registered
Reaction score
[X] Read 2 books
[X] Edit 5 chapters
[X] Write 2 blog posts

Yay for achievable goals :)

Off to keep playing in the sisyphus guessing thread.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
[X] Read 2 books
[X] Edit 5 chapters
[X] Write 2 blog posts

Yay for achievable goals :)

Off to keep playing in the sisyphus guessing thread.

You guys are killin' me. Congratulations!

She_wulf

that's me
Registered
Reaction score
Website
CaliaWilde.com
[x] 1. Decide whether to participate in April Camp - DONE. :)
[ ] 2. Finish Iceman story (about 13K left)
[ ] 3. Pick up Average Jones (WiP @ 22k currently) and write 5K before the end of April
[ ] 4. Post 4 blog updates
[ ] 5. Read at least one book
[ ] 6. Sign in to AbsoluteWrite forums at least once a week. :)

WIP progress today/last few days:
3/21: 42569
3/22: 42931
3/24: 43568
3/25: 47471 << three scenes. WOW.

No blog posts. Book read.
Signed in twice this week.
Going to play with the trolls on Facebook now.

Oh, and this:

"Never try to troll a writer. They're professionals."

:)

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
Check-in time!

[ ] Give away the give-away pile
[X] Read Dying on Second for the AW Reading Challenge
[X] Read One Hundred Years of Solitude for book club
[-] Write first draft of short story for next Alphabet Anthology
[X] Finish edit on novella
[X] Decide what I'm working on for Camp
[X] Edit every day: Week 9 (March portion)
[X] Edit every day: Week 10
[X] Edit every day: Week 11
[X] Edit every day: Week 12
[ ] Edit every day: Week 13

Give away pile is coming along with me for another month, but things are looking good on the rest. (Short story is still at almost done, because it's still in pieces. I need to stitch it together this week.)

Lielac

Registered
Reaction score
Got a late start, but since the 18th I've been writing something every day, even if sometimes it's less than 50 words. I'm feeling hopeful about my latest attempt at starting my portal fantasy project, though I haven't even gotten to the portal yet...

Goal for the remainder of March: [ ] Write every day!

lianna williamson

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't checked in for a while! Things got crazy with my husband's health (surgery was today), so I don't think I'm going to make my 60 hours. But I still will have written more in a single month than I have since last summer, so I'm counting it as a win. I've also started working on a second novel and am pretty excited by it, though it's still pretty fetal.

[ ] 60 hours of writing/editing. ​--33 hours so far

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
There are still two days in March (here), but I think I'm going to wrap up my March goals now, because I'm certain I won't make any further progress in the last two days. I will complete my outline/notes for my Camp project, but that's about it.

[ ] Write historical fantasy first draft – shelved – needs a rethink
[X] Read two books 2/2 The Seven Towers by Patricia C Wrede, The Alchemist’s Key by Traci Harding
[ ] Finish knitted blanket (weather permitting) – only half the bottom border left to do!
[X] Lose enough weight that my jeans are no longer too tight (I don’t own a set of scales)
[X] Make dinner at least once a week 4/4
[-] Finish outline for Camp project – mostly done

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Well now that I have been well and truly outted, I can finally update.

March goals:
[ ] Read 2 books (1/2)
[X] Finish 1 game
[X] Stream at least once a week (4/4)
[X] Write 1 blog post (1/1)
[X] Complete mystery project (100% done) - So I lied my ass off here. This was the Sisyphus Collection, finished to 100% in February. I didn't want people to pick up my "you wrote how many stories?!" scent, so I faked doing half of it instead of all of it

[ ] Edit first 1/4 of Queen of Bones (1/2 done)
[ ] Use each kitchen appliance once (Breadmaker, Instant Pot, Rice Cooker)

So yeah, not doing TOO bad this month. The editing isn't going to happen (that's for Camp), neither are the appliances. Going to try to finish a book though. That should be doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.