Hello Writing Tribe

Karasue

Registered
Reaction score
Hello All,

I've heard amazing things about Absolute Write from authors interviewed on the 88 Cups of Tea podcast. (If you aren't listening, give it a try. It really helps inspire and motivate!)

I recently moved away from the East Coast and my old writing group to Hawaii (yay!) but I'm struggling to find a new group of writers. I write Adult and YA (Science Fiction/Fantasy, Romance, anything and everything.) My novel is a Adult Romance focused on Greek Mythology and it is in the Revision / I'm Trying To Get Eyes On It Stage. I'm hoping these forums will help me make writer friends, find some good critique partners, and help me progress into the query stage. Nice to meet you all!

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:, Karasue, and I hope for lots of positive results in your searches.

This Pacific northwest is approximately in the middle of your east coast and Hawaii, and I'm also on the lookout for a critique partner who doesn't hate mysteries with some romance involved, such as in Partners in Crime, Mr. and Mrs. North, and The Thin Man.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Thanks for the tip on the podcast. I'll give it a try. You found a wonderful community.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Chelle_J

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Even though I don't write historical romance, I'm just about to complete a double-major degree in Archaeology and Ancient History, so I love books that feature Greek mythology (and there seems to be nowhere near enough of them!). Best of luck with your novel. If you want someone to cast an eye over it I would be happy to (although I only have experience beta-reading/ proofreading, and not any 'real' editing experience).

sylvanscribbler

Registered
Reaction score
That’s funny—I moved away from Hawaii to the East Coast! I’m also looking for a CP at the moment. Your novel sounds interesting. Maybe we can exchange our work?

VZenov

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm looking out my window at a foot of snow and the remains of a downed tree. So, how's Hawaii?😄

My YA alt history/fantasy ms about Vikings is ready for some other eyes, too! Hopefully we can both find some critique buddies.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings Karasue. Hope you like Hawaii, never been (yet), looks beautiful. Best wishes on your work.