Already-Read threads showing up as Unread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BethS

Registered
Reaction score
Everything's been ticking along just fine since the migration, but the last couple of days I've noticed that lots of threads I've already read are showing up as unread, even when they haven't had new messages since earlier in the week. Often, clicking one will take me to the first message in the thread as well, as if it were brand new.

I've made no changes in my settings, so I have no idea what's going on. Has anyone else reported this?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
A couple of days ago the server was out for about fifteen minute because of an outage at our ISP. Some settings got reset. The setting to "remember" what you've read got reset. Resetting it to the ten days we've always used meant restarting from that point.

So some "read" threads were re-set to "unread."

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
At least I know it's not just me. I really didn't understand what you wrote Admin, but my takeaway is that it will sort itself out in good time. Thanks for all you do!

MM

BethS

Registered
Reaction score
A couple of days ago the server was out for about fifteen minute because of an outage at our ISP. Some settings got reset. The setting to "remember" what you've read got reset. Resetting it to the ten days we've always used meant restarting from that point.

So some "read" threads were re-set to "unread."

Ah. Thanks. Good to know it's not just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.