Greetings From the Darkness Below

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisWrite

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Hello all,

A bit dramatic of an entrance, but that's the sort of mood I'm in today. I received a tip on the Internets that I might be able to hire a freelance writer here, which is one reason I joined the board. The other would be my own growth as a writer. I've poked around a bit and was pleased with all the talent and community this site pulls together. I think that's absolutely wonderful!

If anyone cares: I'm looking for an erotica writer to author content for my own personal use. Though I write erotica myself, it just isn't the same as reading another's work. My taste leans into the darker, taboo side of the house, but why not go all out if we're going to fantasize? Anyhow, I have been on sites like Guru, Fiverr, and FreeLancer, but the sad truth is that most submissions, paid or not, were awful. Any pointers on how I might go about that here would be great!

Thanks for taking this perv into your flock and I look forward to socializing! Maybe I will post some of my work when the time comes. :)

-HisWrite

The Urban Spaceman

Existential quandary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theurbanspaceman.net
Welcome! Maybe have a look at the Erotica forums here for some local talent; they're password protected but you can PM the Admin (if you're over 21) to confirm that and request the password.

Good luck!

Chelle_J

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I've found erotica is either really good, or it makes me want to run screaming! I only joined recently and have not gotten around to requesting access to the erotica forum (mostly because I'm assuming there isn't a whole lot of f/f in there so I wasn't in a rush) but going by some of the fabulous writing I've seen elsewhere on the board, I have high hopes...

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Kaylarr

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm new here myself, but the boards are very welcoming. I haven't read much erotica except the Sleeping Beauty trilogy by Anne Rice, which honestly makes anything in 50 Shades seem pretty tame. Do you have any favourite books?

McKelleon

New Skin; Learning About Thick Fish
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW! Hope you find what you're looking for! :hi:

HisWrite

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Welcome! Maybe have a look at the Erotica forums here for some local talent; they're password protected but you can PM the Admin (if you're over 21) to confirm that and request the password.

Good luck!

That is a great idea and I will PM the Admin straightaway! For sure over 21 <== dirty old perv. :D

Welcome. I've found erotica is either really good, or it makes me want to run screaming! I only joined recently and have not gotten around to requesting access to the erotica forum (mostly because I'm assuming there isn't a whole lot of f/f in there so I wasn't in a rush) but going by some of the fabulous writing I've seen elsewhere on the board, I have high hopes...

I totally agree! Show, Don't tell escapes many new authors, but is totally lost in most erotica. Which I find ironic when written for males since human sexuality suggests that 90% of sexual pleasure for men comes from what they see (numbers might be off because it's been years since college). I have a strong feeling that you will find F/F on the boards. I have not looked, but I could totally see it!

Welcome! I'm new here myself, but the boards are very welcoming. I haven't read much erotica except the Sleeping Beauty trilogy by Anne Rice, which honestly makes anything in 50 Shades seem pretty tame. Do you have any favourite books?

I don't have any favorites, sadly. Most of what I have read were on forums and the few I picked up on Amazon were trash. I think because of the way society views graphic sex few talented writers take up the task. I am also horribly picky, haha. If I do come across some I like I will be sure to share. :)

Thanks everyone for the welcomes!

Status
Not open for further replies.