Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Last edited:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That is a Very Fine Story. Five stars because I don't think any of the cockroaches got smooshed. They just had a little relocation, and I think they'll be very happy.

Last edited:

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Always read the label if you plan to steal packages. If the sender has a name like 'Bugs 'R' Us', 'Custom Creepy-Crawlers' or, 'Wide World of Snakes', just put it down gently and FLEE!

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Thankfully, they don't ship to Canada! Customs and Border Security comes to our rescue again!

JoB42

Registered
Reaction score
This is funny.

A part of me keeps imagining this in a story, though, and I keep thinking of an unlucky main character who decides to do this, but the character lives in an apartment complex, and it turns out it's the character's neighbor who's been stealing the packages, and suddenly a couple few scenes later the whole apartment complex is infested with roaches.

Teinz

Back at it again.
Registered
Reaction score
Always read the label if you plan to steal packages. If the sender has a name like 'Bugs 'R' Us', 'Custom Creepy-Crawlers' or, 'Wide World of Snakes', just put it down gently and FLEE!

Naah, I love snakes!! Well, the non-poisonous kind anyway.

And btw

FLEA!!

:)

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com

I always use Wide World of Snakes for all my snake-buying needs.

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A friend of my ex-husband's was a food service manager who did catering on the side. He was Mexican, and his specialty was burritos and big pots of beans. One day he went downtown in his car to make a delivery. He went outside to meet first with the client and then went back to his car to get the food. He found the car's back window smashed and the pot of beans he had left in the back seat overturned. A short while later the police caught the burglar, who hadn't gotten very far. The thief had smashed the window and put his hand directly into the pot of hot beans, and had been badly burned and was in excruciating pain.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Sure, snakes have the right to become plumbers just like anyone else.

It's nice to see this changing. Historically, snakes have been pressured into the medical field or apple farms, while the rest get stuck with law degrees and political careers.

About the original article, that's a horror movie concept waiting to be filmed: the thieves snatch a package from a scientist's porch, unleash the cockroaches, and one by one they're all taken down by what turns out to be a new strain of mutant, carnivorous insects...

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
I always use Wide World of Snakes for all my snake-buying needs.

It's not necessarily a joke. I actually do buy frozen mice (for my pet snake) from a place called "rodentpro," and the box they are delivered in does have that logo on it. I don't think they do live deliveries, though.

A friend of my ex-husband's was a food service manager who did catering on the side. He was Mexican, and his specialty was burritos and big pots of beans. One day he went downtown in his car to make a delivery. He went outside to meet first with the client and then went back to his car to get the food. He found the car's back window smashed and the pot of beans he had left in the back seat overturned. A short while later the police caught the burglar, who hadn't gotten very far. The thief had smashed the window and put his hand directly into the pot of hot beans, and had been badly burned and was in excruciating pain.

I wish something like that had happened to whoever stole the pizza from my car when I was a delivery driver.

In case anyone is thinking I am being hard on someone who might have been genuinely hungry, I was working in an extremely well-off college town and had parked my car on a fraternity row to deliver one pizza while the other waited in my car. I hadn't locked my driver's-side door, because the outside latch was messed up and I had to lock and unlock from the other side (which meant standing in traffic and leaning into my car). I was only going to be gone a minute...

Last edited:

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
It's not necessarily a joke. I actually do buy frozen mice (for my pet snake) from a place called "rodentpro," and the box they are delivered in does have that logo on it. I don't think they do live deliveries, though.

Ha, we used to buy frozen mice from a specialty pet store that focused on amphibians and reptiles. It was a bonus to go there because looking around was like being in a tiny zoo (well, the part of the zoo that has the amphibians and reptile exhibits).

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
The thief had smashed the window and put his hand directly into the pot of hot beans, and had been badly burned and was in excruciating pain.
There's a man who might steal roaches, but not something clearly marked 'bees'. Or 'wasps'.
And, as I am typing this, it occurs to me that if the package said 'roaches', the original thief might have thought he was grabbing 'Marijuana, ready to smoke'.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
There's a man who might steal roaches, but not something clearly marked 'bees'. Or 'wasps'.
And, as I am typing this, it occurs to me that if the package said 'roaches', the original thief might have thought he was grabbing 'Marijuana, ready to smoke'.
You may be crediting the thief with too many smarts, maybe he couldn't read.