What Movie Do You Hate, But Everybody Else Likes?

Isilya

Rogues, thieves, and knaves abound
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ragnarok (The humor fell flat for me to the point of completely ruining the movie)

Nick Cage (almost all except The Wicker Man. Loved the ending!)

A Christmas Story

risk10

Registered
Reaction score
With the mad max fury road hate - it was an opening credits scene that lasted 2 hours or so...

But the movie I hate, that everyone else seems to love...The Princess Bride...

Oh god did that go on. And on. And on. And on. Until I went brain dead.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I didn't think it was anything special at all and it made me feel that, with everyone hyping it, that I was the one on another planet!

Eclipses

Registered
Reaction score
Forrest Gump. I've tried to watch that movie so many times to see what the whole world sees in it, but that flick goes out of its way to bore me to tears. Just can't get through it.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
I gotta stop reading this thread. All I do is start sputtering incoherently when someone says they hate a film I loved! :D

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
I gotta stop reading this thread. All I do is start sputtering incoherently when someone says they hate a film I loved! :D

Then we should make a thread of movies you love that everyone else seems to hate. <3 TMNT would make my whole entire list.

chracatoa

COG: Sometimes, Heaven is Overrated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Near Puget Sound, in the beautiful Pacific Northwe
American Beauty. I thought it was predictable and creepy.

The 2000's Oscar was one of the last Oscars I watched live. I was shocked that The Sixth Sense didn't win. On the other hand, all my friends at the time told me I was delusional, and that American Beauty was awesome.

Edit to add: I often mix similar words or content when I talk (maybe it's a type of dyslexia?) At one time, I thought I had finally found a friend that agreed with me on this. He was completely flabbergasted that American Pie had won an Oscar. Only 15 minutes later when we discussed some plot points that I realized my mistake. It was hilarious. Unfortunately, he disagreed with me regarding American Beauty. Oh well.

Last edited:

gduber

Registered
Reaction score
The most recent one that comes to mind is the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie. The second one was much better in terms of story, but I find nothing likeable about the characters or their individual combat talents. They basically seem like regular people who found some weapons and maybe took some basic combat classes briefly. The humor didn't hit for me either.

Loverofwords

Registered
Reaction score
The most recent one that comes to mind is the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie. The second one was much better in terms of story, but I find nothing likeable about the characters or their individual combat talents. They basically seem like regular people who found some weapons and maybe took some basic combat classes briefly. The humor didn't hit for me either.

I actually agree with this. I was excited for the first movie, but it was a huge bummer to me. The second was, as well. The whole GotG thing just annoys me. The characters are irritating, especially Peter Q.