• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Fiction/Excerpt Critique Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in a swap for critiques, I’ve just finished a 15,000 word horror novella. I’m willing to read something around the same word count, but would like to see the first 2000 words first to see if there’s much I can offer in the way of suggestions.

Please send a message to eniac_caine at hotmail dot com, or PM me here.

Title: GOYANGI SOJU. Genre: Horror. Word Count: 15,000 words.

First 202 words below.

Kim Sul-Li hated the English tutor.

“If we play a mean trick on him,” she told her best friend, Yang Won Bo, “I’m sure he won’t come back to Winding Lane. Then we can play with Gong-gi and her kittens instead!”

Won Bo’s eyes shined at the mention of the schoolyard cat’s name. But he looked over his shoulder at the front door of Winding Lane Middle School and frowned.

“The Headmaster warned us last time,” he said. “If you…”

Sul-Li narrowed her eyes.

“We,” Won Bo corrected, “upset another teacher, she’s going to become really angry at us.”

Sul-Li shrugged. Threats didn’t concern her. The lunar New Year started tomorrow, and after a two week vacation, she began 9th grade. The time to get rid of the foreign teacher was now or never.

Sul-Li was tired of extra English study. She already placed in the AP courses at Winding Lane Middle School, studying university level English Composition and Literature with her homeroom teacher. Why did her parents think she needed an extra hour. Every. Single. Afternoon? Even on Saturday?

With Won Bo’s help, she’d driven the previous English teacher, a coffee breath, long-nose-haired professor from Suncheon University, into fits of contortion.

Last edited:

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Go to Share Your Work forum. As a mod will shortly tell you, this is an inappropriate place to post work for critique.

caw

Hello!

I think you’ve misunderstood this post. Re-read it again.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
The thread is fine, but, Denevius, I'd suggest editing your e-mail so spambots can't find you. A lot of people like to use (at) and (dot) to help confound the bots. Or just work initially through PMs and give their e-mails through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.