Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nope.

Some people may want you to set off "and dependence on" with commas to make it read more smoothly, but it's nor required and I'm not sure it's right. I'll leave that call to others who know more.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Nope.

Some people may want you to set off "and dependence on" with commas to make it read more smoothly, but it's nor required and I'm not sure it's right. I'll leave that call to others who know more.
It could also be set off with dashes (or even parentheses). Commas definitely aren't mandatory.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
There are no grammatical requirements for a comma. There are a number of ways you could acceptably punctuate the sentence, depending on what you want to emphasize.

I would probably delete "of"; I'd also think about using verbs instead of nouns.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Agree with BethS and others, commas not needed for grammatical correctness. BUT, this is more a style issue than a grammar issue, and stylistically, the sentence is clumsy. I'd rephrase it for clarity.

caw

Blaireh

Registered
Reaction score
Does any body use Grammarly? I keep seeing their ads and knowing that I suck at grammar I think I should use it but wasn't sure if was as good as the ads say.

Nonicks

Banned
Reaction score
Does any body use Grammarly? I keep seeing their ads and knowing that I suck at grammar I think I should use it but wasn't sure if was as good as the ads say.

I sometimes use Grammarly, but it confuses me most of the the time.