Greetings and salutations, but no abulations

dJonathon

Registered
Reaction score
So I finally took the advice that's been piled on me to seriously participate in this community.

I have one recently trunked novel of about 76k words and am starting on a new one. I primarily write fantasy, though I have written some sci-fi and suspense/thriller short stories for variety.

I do some technical writing for the day job, usually threading the line between pure technical and marketing.

I try to read a wide variety of fiction and non-fiction, it just never seems to be enough hours for everything I want to consume and create. Perhaps I should chuck the day job... :idea:

Last edited:

Qwest

Here on a catnap
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here, and good luck on that second novel.

I'm in with chucking the day job too...

konstantineblacke

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I would hope one day my day job would involve me writing my stories. But yes, chuck it in...agreed. LOL

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:, Jonathon.

I don't know anything about abulations, but if you mean ablations, my day job as an editor often requires recommendations to trim away unnecessary words--even whole phrases. :greenie

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Did you mean tabulations? Anywho, you found a great community to finally participate in!

dJonathon

Registered
Reaction score
I do plenty of tabulations at the 8-5, so none needed. Ablations too, but of a different type! There are lasers involved...

I definitely consider the trunked novel learning experience, it was partly out of Nano and just too much structurally disjointed. There was a beginning, middle, and end, which definitively beats my previous efforts.

Thanks for all the welcomes!