Finally put together a summary for my latest book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junia

Registered
Reaction score
I've been working on this for a while and here's what I have:

A 23-year-old woman (my main protagonist) has lost her entire family in a vampire attack. She swears to avenge their deaths by killing vampires, so she goes to a vampire slaying academy and becomes a famous vampire slayer. But, tragedy strikes again when her husband and baby are killed by vampires. Devastated, she moves to a secluded place in New Mexico and becomes a librarian. In this town, she befriends a handsome man who she finds out is a vampire, creating some serious internal conflict. She's disgusted by him, but she has feelings for him. There's a ruthless vampire slayer/werewolf hunter in town who's also friends with the protagonist. When her vampire friend's secret is revealed, she has to fight to protect him.

Meanwhile, people are going missing in the town, especially out on lonely roads at night. One night, the protagonist and her vampire friend are driving along when they find a mysterious woman standing on the side of the road. They pick her up, but she acts very strange and inhuman. After days of sleuthing, the protagonist and her friend find out that the woman is an android sent by an advanced race of aliens to blend in with humanity and plant a virus among society. The virus causes death within hours.

The aliens have been abducting humans from the town and nearby areas in New Mexico, experimenting on them.

Now it's up to the protagonist and her friend to stop it.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
You need to ask a mod to move this to "Share Your Work." They'll have to lock the thread until you get 50 posts, per forum rules, but that's where you'll be able to get helpful feedback.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Hi Junia, welcome to Absolute Write!

Please check out the Newbie Guide.

This forum is for discussing the general writing of novels--the process--not for critique. We have a whole forum, as Cyia pointed out, for that. But you do need to have 50 posts before starting a thread in Share Your Work (the password is vista) It's password protected to keep bots from skimming the content.

But this could be moved to another forum Brainstorming Sandbox and remain open (password is vista) if what you're looking for is more along the lines of "how does this plot sound?" Brainstorming Sandbox is exactly that, a place to hash things out with writers along the lines of plot and characters.

If you're looking for a critique for a back cover or a query, yeah, it'll be locked and moved to Share Your Work until you get 50 posts.

(And a great way to get 50 posts is to critique your fellow writer!)

Please PM me and let me know your intent!

-Amergina, one of the Novel mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.