looking for promo input from other authors to share on my blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

christopherdschmitz

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
I've been getting some decent traction in the last 6 months or so (since AC Crispin and a few others reblogged me a while back). I've had some other writers ask a few questions and I like to often crowd source responses. (Please leave me a link and your author name, too... if I use your advice/answers to the questions I'll make sure to mention you and post the link.)

Here's the topic: What marketing tactic that you utilized makes you feel like a title has gained you the most book sales? What would you use again with your next book? (What worked for you and what has not?)

Follow up questions: What marketing/promo tactics would you use to push a book that has been out for at least a year already?

(Thanks for the responses... I'll post an article with comments on this late March/early April over at https://authorchristopherdschmitz.wordpress.com/)

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Christopher, just as a heads up, I read your post and thought about responding, but I've never actually sold any books. To date, all I've done is give them away. A lot of people are all about sales, and that's fine, but what I'm working on is expanding my reach.

A promo I'd recommend is Voracious Readers Only (just add dot com). That's a good one for expanding your newsletter membership. It only works if you have a free book, however.

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
Here's the topic: What marketing tactic that you utilized makes you feel like a title has gained you the most book sales? What would you use again with your next book?
Bookbub

Follow up questions: What marketing/promo tactics would you use to push a book that has been out for at least a year already?
Bookbub

Does that help? :)

christopherdschmitz

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
lol. yeah. I'm trying to think outside of the box... but yes, Bookbub is good if you can get in (especially as a tactic for a book that has already been out for a while). I totally get the idea of expanding your reach, it's perhaps the most important element for writers who are trying to break out in earnest.

I'll check out that other website.

I'm really hoping for some ideas that break the mold (like posting flyers above the urinals in the men's room or leaving free download coupon cards with an IR code printed on cheap business cards and left every day on empty seats on the subway during a commute).

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Christopher, you're using AW to generate content for your blog. Have you cleared this with AW's owner or Admin? Because if not, this isn't on.

Status
Not open for further replies.