Thread Subscriptions Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Before the changes to the site, I received email notices for threads I was subscribed to. No more. Has that been discontinued?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Before the changes to the site, I received email notices for threads I was subscribed to. No more. Has that been discontinued?

No.

Just checked your settings; they look normal. Sometimes things get shifted, but you're still subscribed to a daily digest.

Have you checked your Spam or Junk email folder?

Last edited:

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Yep. I checked. Haven't had an email notification since the change. This a.m. I went to a few specific threads and tried subscribing from there. Guess I'll see if anything arrives in the a.m.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I've just realised that since the recent server move, I'm no longer getting emails from AW. No emails notifiying me of private messages, nothing. I'm going to check that AW is marked as definitely not spam, and see if that helps.

Bacchus

Registered
Reaction score
My subscriptions all passed quietly away too.

I thought I had recreated a couple but the page on my profile looks empty. Will try again - maybe I recreated them before a restore or something...

ETA - I navigated to the Share your work - SFF forum and clicked thread tools. There was an option to remove a subscription so I removed it. clicked thread tools again and there was now an option to add a subscription, which I did, but when I look at the subscriptions tab in my profile it still says "no recent activity"

E-A-TA It's no biggy, I will just have to go and look at the forum header list when I want to do a bit of critting (c:

Last edited:

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
ETA - I navigated to the Share your work - SFF forum and clicked thread tools. There was an option to remove a subscription so I removed it. clicked thread tools again and there was now an option to add a subscription, which I did, but when I look at the subscriptions tab in my profile it still says "no recent activity"

I've solved this one (because I was confused as well). It's because there WAS no recent activity. You'd read the most recent post. When you've read the latest post in a subscribed thread, it's removed from the recent activity subs list. You can go into your subs and see it there still. The new update removes threads you've read from things like that and the New Posts section.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
My subscriptions all passed quietly away too.

I thought I had recreated a couple but the page on my profile looks empty. Will try again - maybe I recreated them before a restore or something...

E-A-TA It's no biggy, I will just have to go and look at the forum header list when I want to do a bit of critting (c:

If you have looked at the thread in the last 24 hours you aren't going to get an email, because the email is sent once every 24 hours.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Dead. I tried removing old subscriptions, hoping that would help with newer ones. Nope.

I wonder why this has only happened to some of us.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Dead. I tried removing old subscriptions, hoping that would help with newer ones. Nope.

I wonder why this has only happened to some of us.

Please check your spam folders. Your ISP may have blocked them as spam, since AW now has a different IP address.

Consider "whitelisting" or creating a filter for email from AW ([email protected]).

The emails are definitely being sent; I can see them in the log.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Ok. These are the things I've tried to get my notices back. 1. I dug through the list and deleted most of the subscriptions. (I had accumulated a goodly number of subscriptions and didn't know we were required to unsubscribe.) 2. I switched to a different email address. 3. I manually subscribed to threads from the drop down at the top of the page.

The result is that I now receive two or three email notices, but nothing for the rest of my subscriptions. Do you have any more suggestions?

Thanks.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Ok. These are the things I've tried to get my notices back. 1. I dug through the list and deleted most of the subscriptions. (I had accumulated a goodly number of subscriptions and didn't know we were required to unsubscribe.) 2. I switched to a different email address. 3. I manually subscribed to threads from the drop down at the top of the page.

The result is that I now receive two or three email notices, but nothing for the rest of my subscriptions. Do you have any more suggestions?

Thanks.

Which kind of subscription notification are you using? Instant or Daily?

Are you sure that the threads in question have been updated?

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Daily notifications. Yes. Weird that some are slipping into my inbox and the others are drifting in the ethers somewhere.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
OK! Got 'em back. Some arrived yesterday, more this a.m. If you did something to make that happen, thank you. If not, thanks anyway for listening to my woes.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Since I can see that the email is being sent from the server, I've been contacting ISPs regarding not marking AW automated emails as spam.

I've written 19 ISPs so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.