Not open for further replies.

Elenitsa

writing as Marina Costa
Registered
Reaction score
Website
caribbeandawn1720.jcink.net
phdNdf.jpg

The launching will be on the 20-th of April, until then all halls are reserved. But I am glad to hold it in my arms for now, and to give it to the critcs for reading and reviewing.

Its title can be translated into English as "Rightness' Friends" (yes, I think rightness. Justice has a different connotation and it isn't the right choice). It is also in 2 volumes, but no separate parts like for "Lives in turmoil", only chapters in sequence. It happens in US, Arizona, in a frontier town named Nogales, which has a twin with the same name in Mexico, just across the valley. There is no clearly mentioned year when it happens, but it is sometime 1974-1982 (with a sort of an epilogue about 8-10 years later. Last chapter, not exactly an epilogue but similar). It is young adult, dealing with first love, jealousy, friendship, honour, but also good and bad choices, forbidden love, morals, gang wars, the high price of fame and young success (in sports and music) with the related high performance expectations and pressure which some can resist to, some can't, carreer choices, suicide and those left behind with guilt, rage and depression for having not been able to prevent it. It also explores the worlds of mariachis and of bullfighters.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
wow - awesome! That sounds like a really interesting story.

Status
Not open for further replies.