• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking beta reader for a 19k literary novella, willing to swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerburgers

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've never had much luck getting readers here for literary stories, but what the hell--I'll give it a go! As noted in the title, this is a short novella focused thematically on the inheritance of mental illness, how it informs family relationships and identity...and I like to think it's very darkly comic. My ideal reader is a writer of literary fiction with a few significant publications, and I'd be happy to make this a swap. The narrator of this novella, Ingrid, is a central character in a published story of mine, "Call It a Feeling," which I'll link to if it helps you gauge interest. You need to subscribe to Narrative to read, but it's free to do so--and Narrative is a wonderful free journal, so why wouldn't you? ;) http://www.narrativemagazine.com/issues/stories-week-2017-2018/story-week/call-it-feeling-sara-brody

This is the final story in a collection that I'm polishing up to show an interested agent. If we work well together, perhaps we could continue swapping, as I have two shorter stories that need revisions as well.

Hope to hear from someone!

Status
Not open for further replies.