Moving onto bigger wordcounts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

taekonaut

Registered
Reaction score
I tend to write concisely. So my stories don't waste any time, there's nothing bulking them up... and they end up being 35k at maximum. Haha;;

However! That's why I have two projects on the go this year that I want to reach 60k!! That's so much for me, considering most of my completed works have hovered around 15-30k.

Most of what I write starts out as fanfic, and then I do a second draft where I do all the typical second draft edits as well as mold it into something original. That's another part of my problem. Getting used to writing fanfic meant getting used to writing shorter and shorter chapters and wrapping things up more quickly, as well as not caring about themes or symbolism or subplots, and other things that help push stories to their full potential. For example, I've pretty much forgotten how to introduce characters and describe them, because I've been writing for audiences that already know what the characters are like, what they look like, and have a base idea of how they're going to behave during the story. This becomes a real problem.

This year, I'm writing a story that's entirely original. I'm incredibly nervous!! It's been so long since I've started a story that isn't based on existing characters.

LET'S GOOOOO!!!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All together now, let's chant:

[FONT=arial\ black]You can do it![/FONT]

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
That's wonderful! Keep going. I know how hard it is to get up to that word count. Took me a long time too. You're getting there!

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Slowly easing into the novel then, one day, series writing. Good luck with the project!!

Status
Not open for further replies.