• Read this: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?288931-Guidelines-for-Participation-in-Outwitting-Writer-s-Block

before you post.

Writing Goals Per Week?

benacrow

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with writing every day, setting up a consistent schedule is definitely very important for the long run. I usually try to shoot for 1-2k words per day, and usually that's only during a couple hours in the evening.

Cosmering

Registered
Reaction score
My goal was 1k per day for the first 30-40k of this manuscript. But as I'm nearing the end (and getting impatient), I'm writing as much as 5k per day (only on weekdays, I break at weekends because burnout). It's stuff that will need heavily, heavily edited because clearly I'm not editing as I go to churn out 5k a day. But it's working to get that first rough, rough draft down.

BlackKnight1974

Registered
Reaction score
I aim for a monthly target, rather than weekly. I am saddled with a day job as well as other interests, so some weeks I do very little, which can be disheartening.

I set myself a target at the start of each month (using last month and my diary of the upcoming month as a guide) and then record what I complete every day (if I do anything) in a Excel spreadsheet. That way I can see at a glance where I am and bizarrely, I find filling it in actually motivates me.

This month my target is to edit 100 pages of my WIP - and I'm almost there with a week to go :)

maggiee19

Registered
Reaction score
For my current WIP, the goal is 21,000 words per week, 3,000 words a day.