PyeongChang Winter Games 2018

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
The games start tonight, Feb 7 here in North America. In Colorado, where I am, coverage begins at 9 PM on NBCSN (Alpine skiing and mixed doubles curling). Why isn't it starting the 8th? It starts the 8th, Korea time.

HST (Hawaii) - 9AM (Feb 7) is 4AM (Pyeongchang, Feb 8).
AST (Alaska) - 10AM (Feb 7) is 4AM (Pyeongchang, Feb 8).
PST - 11AM (Feb 7) is 4AM (Pyeongchang, Feb 8).
MST - Noon (Feb 7) is 4AM (Pyeongchang, Feb 8).
CST - 1PM (Feb 7) is 4AM (Pyeongchang, Feb 8).
EST - 2PM (Feb 7) is 4AM (Pyeongchang, Feb 8).

Schedule of Events

Day one (live times of events):

Alpine Skiing (10:30 AM, Feb 8th, in PyeongChang = 5:30 PM PST, Feb 7th)
Curling (8:35 AM, Feb 8th, in PyeongChang = 3:35 PM PST, Feb 7th)
Ski Jumping (9 PM, Feb 8th, in PyeongChang = 4 AM PST, Feb 8th)

During the Rio 2016, summer games, NBCOlympics.com streamed all events live. I called my TV service provider, and he told me he believes they are only streaming through your ISP's Web site. At least this is how ComCast is doing it.

For ComCast users. Log in. Click Browse, Click Sports. Scroll down to Featured Sports. Winter Olympics (Feb 8-25) picture; click on it. Bookmark this page in your browser. Times should be your local times (e.g. the first thing I see is S. Korea vs. Finland in curling and 5:05 on). I assume this is 5:05 PM MST (in Colorado), Feb 7th, I can click on this image and watch this event live.

You will have to call your TV service provider if you use another TV provider.

Anyone looking forward to any specific events?

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
We've got pretty decent coverage of the winter games on free to air tv, though much of it will be Aussie-centric. They like to replay an Aussie's participation/back story twenty times rather than show something else live.

I did see some ski jumping earlier today, and some of the womens moguls. I'll watch a fair bit of it. It's good cos we're (south east Aus) only 2 hours ahead of South Korea -- no all night sessions needed! :)

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
I have been watching the half-pipe. Some of the tricks the competitors are pulling out the hat leave my jaw somewhere on the floor.

The games are proving to be a welcome distraction from my mother's health and life in general.