Six Nations Rugby 2018

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody watching this?

Good start for Wales, but Scotland were dreadful. Too many unforced errors and there didn't seem to be any fizz or urgency in their game.

The crucial test will be to see how Wales play against England in our next game at Twickers. That will hardly be a doddle, not the way England have been playing.

Next game: France play Ireland at home. As ever, which French team will show up?

bombergirl69

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, 'm thinking about the next game with England but definitely a fantastic start for Wales! And Halfpenny!! Ardderchog!!!

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
I stumbled across this when I was up late last night (America). I saw part of the Scotland game. I doubt I will watch more. I don't watch sports in the middle of the night, usually.

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
I stumbled across this when I was up late last night (America). I saw part of the Scotland game. I doubt I will watch more. I don't watch sports in the middle of the night, usually.

Well, if you suffer from insomnia, what I've seen of the second half of the France v Ireland game offers a pretty good cure.

Okay, I'm being a little unfair. The conditions are horrible, but champagne rugby it ain't.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
I work until 2 to 4 am almost every night. I watch a little tv before sleep. It is not on TV early tomorrow morning, but ESPN3.com (you may have to click "Live now" section if they started already) has loads of matches today (if anyone is interested). Free of charge (I assume for Americans only, but I may be wrong).

If time permits, I may catch the USA vs. Spain match; Fiji vs. Samoa might be fun. I'll be watching collegiate ice hockey on ESPN3 later today. I will likely catch a little rugby before then.

Last edited:

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
It's the hope that kills you... said every Scottish Rugby fan ever. That game yesterday was painful to watch, especially after the performances toward the end of last year when we all thought we'd turned the corner. I think we're in a fight with Italy for the wooden spoon again.

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
It's the hope that kills you... said every Scottish Rugby fan ever. That game yesterday was painful to watch, especially after the performances toward the end of last year when we all thought we'd turned the corner. I think we're in a fight with Italy for the wooden spoon again.

I'm with ya about games that are painful to watch, and not in a crowing fashion. I remember Wales' performances from the 1980's etc all too vividly.

Take heart, the form that Scotland discovered in the autumn can't have got that lost.

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, if you suffer from insomnia, what I've seen of the second half of the France v Ireland game offers a pretty good cure.

Okay, I'm being a little unfair. The conditions are horrible, but champagne rugby it ain't.

Seriously? Most of the game was very dull (I think I actually fell asleep part way through the 2nd half) but it was one of the most epic finishes to a rugby game, ever!

The England Wales game was a bit disappointing. Wales played really well for the last ten minutes (like Ireland a the end of the France game) but I think England should've done better in the 2nd half.

The Scotland France game was a bit of a reprieve for Scotland - only saw the 2nd half. Bet France are gutted they gave away so many penalties.

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
Seriously? Most of the game was very dull (I think I actually fell asleep part way through the 2nd half) but it was one of the most epic finishes to a rugby game, ever!

I was watching a recording, had a contented and purring cat in my lap, and so the inevitable happened. Woke up to the celebrations of Sexton's mega drop goal.

Can't remember whether England are playing Ireland at Twickers or out in Ireland, but that game should be fascinating.

I am ambivalent about the Welsh try that wasn't. Anscombe grounded the ball IMO, but it looks like there was a knock on earlier in the move. I have seen those given, though, and I think it would have been a different match.

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
Missed the Wal v Ire game, but I am watching Scotland doing their best to wreck England's Grand Slam hopes.

Come on Scotland!

Criccieth

Registered
Reaction score

Not any more now! That was a storming game and it was amazing to hear Flower of Scotland filling the place in the last few minutes. Bet Edinburgh is partying tonight!

Now, come on Ireland......St Patricks Day at home......

Edit to add - yeah, that last-ditch kick from Sexton last time was amazing but I hear he was way off-form this afternoon.
Reminds me - must go see what's happening in the Women's Six Nations - at least it's getting some airtime these days.

Last edited:

Criccieth

Registered
Reaction score
Scottish women lost but the Scots and Welsh U20's won!

Welsh/Irish Ladies have at it tomorrow so fingers crossed.......(I'll cheer for Ireland so long as they're not playing Wales - it's a compromise!)

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
Italy 27-29 Scotland

Lucky escape for Scotland. I know Italy tend to fade in the last 20 minutes, but I thought they would close out the game.

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
Great script for Ireland beating England -- and at Twickers -- for the Grand Slam and on St Patrick's Day.

Wales beat France to finish second, but dreadful kicking from the French handed the game to Wales.

Interesting to see how Ireland will go in the next Rugby World Cup. I'd love to see a northern hemisphere team win.

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
Very happy for Ireland to win on St Patrick's day. Rather disappointed on England's performance in the tournament generally.

England's women nearly won. I mean it was damn close!

MindfulInquirer

Registered
Reaction score
haha, there's even a Six Nations thread on here ?! I guess no forum is too intellectual for a good Test match huh.
Good, good...

MindfulInquirer

Registered
Reaction score
2019 season starts on 1st Feb.

yeah but wait up, there's Christmas season first ! ;)
although I can't say I'm that enthused about the next 6N. what the heck, let's talk Rugby a little here: Ireland is pretty unstoppable atm and I haven't seen their calendar but should win, Wales will get second or sth, England will redeem themselves some but aren't the team they were previously anymore, Scotland lots of noise every time and fall short when the tournament actually happens, Georgia might be better than Italy and France who cares they'll do so so it doesn't matter.