LegendFire

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
LegendFire was a great, tightly knit community for fantasy writers.

Please feel free to use this thread to help you find each other, and keep in touch.

Raveneye

Hope and a Purpose
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.courtellyn.com
Oh, lookie! A forum for LegendFire members to gather. Discord has been working really well for us so far, but it feels good to be posting on a forum again. Hoping others will join ol' Raveneye here.

Brownies for anyone who does!

(brownies all eaten! sorry if you missed out, they were delicious.)

Last edited:

Caulder Melhaire

Clockwork Nightingale
Registered
Reaction score
I brought cake...

8Jl7q6n.jpg

*waves*

Helloooooo

Last edited:

HD Simplicityy

Registered
Reaction score
I have Safeway chocolate chip cookies under my bed in my dorm here.
*hands cookies out*

Its nice to see LFers post again. We Writers Forum was nice, but its been quiet for several months there. Love talking you guys up in Discord too.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I'm really glad to see LF folks here; welcome!

That said, we have a lot of people on dialup, so we try really hard to keep images to about 400 x 400.

There's an FAQ here.

Caulder Melhaire

Clockwork Nightingale
Registered
Reaction score
Oops. Dialed my image down a tad. (I haven't been a newbie in so long, I forgot what it's like to break the rules, lol).

Thanks for the welcome all, and this wonderful meet-up thread!

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Oops. Dialed my image down a tad. (I haven't been a newbie in so long, I forgot what it's like to break the rules, lol).

It happens. I did the same thing as a newbie. Not too many rules here beyond "Respect Your Fellow Writer (RYFW)" and "Keep your image size down" which really just ties into respect because it's being nice to people on dial-up. Keep those in mind and you'll be fine. :)

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score

Thanks for the welcome all, and this wonderful meet-up thread!

Thank you! Mostly it's a thing we ask because we have members on dial-up.

There are some special threads here with nature pictures that are an exception.

Elenita

Registered
Reaction score
Hello hello hello! So good to find a little taste of "home" again!

HD Simplicityy

Registered
Reaction score
Hello hello hello! So good to find a little taste of "home" again!

Hey Elentia :) Been a while. I don't see you on Discord, but its nice to post here again.
Honestly I prefer Discord now - having instant typing and voice chat is great. But we don't use voice chat hardly, so... ehh

Elenita

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Elentia :) Been a while. I don't see you on Discord, but its nice to post here again.
Honestly I prefer Discord now - having instant typing and voice chat is great. But we don't use voice chat hardly, so... ehh

I didn't know there was a discord!!!! Where can I join?

Raveneye

Hope and a Purpose
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.courtellyn.com
Yeeeeeessss!!! I found the Word Association thread. That was my favorite game at LF. I'm so happy they have it here too. My day is made.

https://absolutewrite.com/forums/sh...rst-Word-that-Comes-to-Mind-part-III/page1673

Really looking forward to checking out the writing prompts too. I need to write some short stories pronto. I love the novel I'm working on, but I have only ONE story out among the world of submissions right now. Sheesh.

Last edited:

Beesauce

Registered
Reaction score
Daww! It is so sweet to have such a nice welcome and personal thread. This is really heart warming. I hope more LF'ers join. Slow going on my part, but I might find myself posting around maybee :D

HD Simplicityy

Registered
Reaction score
After I hit 50 posts, or just eventually, I'll drop my fantasy short story that needs more feedback. I've let StarGirl (formerly RH from LF) have my current draft - #3 - and I gave it to another lady on another server. Both of these are on Discord too. Star Girl is busy with finding a job and the other gal is busy as well. While I wait on them, I'll be happy to have it shredded here haha.

Raveneye

Hope and a Purpose
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.courtellyn.com
Daww! It is so sweet to have such a nice welcome and personal thread. This is really heart warming. I hope more LF'ers join. Slow going on my part, but I might find myself posting around maybee :D

Hello, Bee! Great to see you here!

We can keep announcing on Discord where we've gone. Go for it! Hold back no invites. Maybe others will join us if we shoot them another message? :Shrug:

Raveneye

Hope and a Purpose
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.courtellyn.com
I've let StarGirl (formerly RH from LF) have my current draft - #3 - and I gave it to another lady on another server. Both of these are on Discord too. Star Girl is busy with finding a job and the other gal is busy as well. While I wait on them, I'll be happy to have it shredded here haha.

Oh, hey, thanks for the heads-up on RH's username change.

Raveneye

Hope and a Purpose
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.courtellyn.com
Sure thing. Say I miss seeing you in the Discord chat. You're usually playing Elder Scrolls Online, Fallout 4 (?), or Skyrim haha. Hope all is well with you!

Heh, yep, love me some Bethesda games, buggy tho they are. I'll try to drop in some time and post some brownies or something.

HD Simplicityy

Registered
Reaction score
Heh, yep, love me some Bethesda games, buggy tho they are. I'll try to drop in some time and post some brownies or something.

Ooooo yum!
I enjoy the few Bethesda games I've played. Waiting for Todd Howard to stop re-releasing Skyrim and announce Elder Scrolls VI.