Not open for further replies.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Everybody's welcome to participate, even if you've never written anything like this in your life. And no, you don't have to show anybody.

Here are the writing prompts for February. We encourage all you writers to select one and write a short story based on it. Putting the story at the Erotica portion of Share Your Work is entirely optional. Please don't put it there if you don't want critique. And if you do, but you need it to be gentle, just say so.

Whether you post your story at Share Your Work or show it to no one, please post in this thread that you wrote something and on which prompt. If you put the work up for critique at SYW, a link to it in your response to this post will get you more feedback.

Remember that posting your writing or critiquing the writing of others at Share Your Work - Erotica requires a special password which is issued only by MacAllister or AW Admin. PM your request and a statement that you are 21 or older.

Without further ado, the February prompts!

1. No adjectives. None. Zero.
2. Set in an alternate history, in which a major event in world history went the other way, i.e., the South won the Civil War, Napoleon or Genghis Khan achieved his goals, Rome never fell.
3. Characters who are not (yet) sexual partners are snowed in at an isolated cabin or lodge which contains what they need to survive.
4. The same scene twice, from different points of view.
5. Involves two concepts that always appear together: hot and cold, war and peace, up and down, large and small...
6. A very small space.
7. 200 words, exactly.

JakeSTamer

Registered
Reaction score
I've done number 4, I did it as a writing exercise. It's the first story I wrote in first person, then I rewrote it for the first time writing in first person female. I don't think they are that great, but I did it. They are still on Literotica, it's a story of a couple that have a threesome with a friend.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And only this morning I was thinking I'd wasted my time coming up with a bunch of challenges. Thanks for sharing that, Jake!

I keep trying to do the 200 words, which is hard for me because I write so very fat. So far, not even close, but I still have a week, almost.

JakeSTamer

Registered
Reaction score
I'll have to try the 200 words sometime. It would be hard for me too, it doesn't leave very much room for anything.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For me, it's real good practice for being more like Hemingway, except for the cigars, bars, and multiple spouses.

JakeSTamer

Registered
Reaction score
And only this morning I was thinking I'd wasted my time coming up with a bunch of challenges. Thanks for sharing that, Jake!

I keep trying to do the 200 words, which is hard for me because I write so very fat. So far, not even close, but I still have a week, almost.

Nothing is a waste of time if you believe in it. I'm happy to share what I can, like I said before, I'm a newish writer and not very experienced. I would share the stories themselves in SYW but I don't have 50 posts yet, and they are both over 3000 words, lol.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Every exchanged chit-chat moves you closer...

Three thousand words is a sweet spot for some anthologies. Are you interested in submitting to those? The pay isn't great as a rule, but validation's always nice. Then again rejection always sucks.

Maryn, font of truth

JakeSTamer

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, every post is a step closer. I don't think I'll submit either of them. After deleting my chaptered series to finish it as a novel they are the only two stories I have left on Literotica. So I think I will leave them as they are and let the people that find them enjoy them.

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
5 & 7 tackled. I used night and day. I like the feel of it so I'm expanding to paranormal novel. :)

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I did one entirely by accident!

...does it count if the historical event was one that never happened? Like, an alternate history caused by something entirely fictitious occurring, as opposed to something real going a different way?

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm hardly the final Judge of All Things (although who wouldn't love that?), but yeah, I'd say that counts.

So wow, look at all you participants! And Fallen, I'm happy to see it's been a springboard for something bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.